Slow and steady wins the race...

T R.
on 4/14/05 1:11 pm
I missed posting on my 9 month anniversay because I am so busy with my bearded dragons. I have babies hatching out as we speak! Nice! Anyway, here is where I am. I am down to 180 as of today, which means I have lost 95 lbs and have 40 to go until I reach goal! I use to think my loss was slow, but now I know that a steady 5 lb loss per month is better than not losing at all. I am so happy with my results. You will never hear me complain. This surgery has changed my life! I had one of those wow moments today as I dragged out the old bicycle,fanny pack and helment. The bicycle didn't look like a chore. In a hurry to get out I just did the normal thing and proceeded to strap on my fanny pack. The funny thing is that when I did it fell to the floor. ROFLMAO!!! It was so funny! I showed my hubby (he went with me) and I said can you believe I was this big last year? After a huge laugh, I climbed on the bike and took off like the wind, it was so great! We covered about 6 miles today! As I was riding, I couldn't stop thinking about how far I have come since surgery and how thankful I am that I have this new life and health. I have to admit that while I was riding I had tears in my eyes just thinking about the life ahead and that this second chance has made the difference to us all. I am so happy to have you all to share this with. We really are blessed. So no matter how slow or fast, we are all winning the race !! Tami 275/180/140
Traci K.
on 4/14/05 9:43 pm - Sullivan, MO
I'm so proud of you Tami!!! Traci
deeno
on 4/14/05 10:28 pm - Kokomo, IN
Tami I loved reading your post. Ain't it great--how far we've all come? I'm going hiking with my husband this weekend--I love the outdoors, but hiking has always been a chore. I'm actually looking forward to it this time because there's less of me to carry around on the trails. Congrats on your success. Diana
Monna W.
on 4/15/05 2:50 am - Susanville, CA
What a wonderful post!!! Life is so grand. This group is the greatest. As I was with my daughter Saturday night as she was in labor, I realized that no way could I have been there had this all happened a year ago. It is just amazing. This surgery has saved my life (literally) and made life so great for so many. God bless us all and continue to keep us safe. Monna 389/249/150
us2bfat C.
on 4/15/05 10:11 am - selden, NY
thats a great story i am so proud of you... as for me i havent been on the board cause im fully recovered from hernia surgery and im back to work full time two jobs one job i am a cashier at pathmark and the other i shop for groceries for people that cant shop for themselves.... i start that job at 5 am and when i dont go to pathmark i have a route where i then deliver the groceries i am out almost all day in the van and i love it... i was delievering to this guys house and the mailman pulled up and said i guess you get a good workout doing that sort of work and i said well is it working? he said HELL YEA!!!!!! i was like wooo hooo check this guy out flirting with me...... this surgery changed my life i am look and feel better at almost 40 then i ever looked in my whole life... best of luck to all and remember i love you all Stacy
houstondoll
on 4/15/05 2:58 pm - Houston, TX
Congradulations What an awesome post...
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits