DAILY LOG Wednesday

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/05 10:55 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Not such a good day for me. I DID make it to the gym, but that's really about it. For some reason, my stomach has been rumbling and feeling empty, despite eating. At one point, I ate some quite a bit of cereal and threw up even though I thought I felt hungry. Even now, my stomach wants to eat...I actually feel it growling. What's going on with it? B~cheese stick L~4 tortilla chips, 1 cup chicken/peppers/onions, 1 flour tortilla, 1/4 cup guacamole D~1 cup chicken/peppers/onions, 1 flour tortilla S~cheese stick, a little bit of chocolate, cereal, tbs. peanut butter There is no way I should be able to eat as much as I do. I know it's because I drink with my meals most of the time. When I DON'T drink, I can't even finish a sandwich. When I DO drink, I have some serious problems. I've been working on the drinking thing this week, but messed up today at lunch. There's always tomorrow! Pamela -94
IrishIze
on 4/13/05 10:22 pm - NJ
I didn't have such a great day either, Pam. I've been working on getting rid of trigger foods, but someone brought a 'barrel' of pretzels into work and placed them by the printer. I have so much trouble resisting!! I wish I could find a high protein, low carb food that is CRUNCHY! I walked almost two miles yesterday, so that's good. I'm going to do that at lunch time again today, then go to the gym tonight. I'm up that darn pound again this morning.... B: Pretzels Carb Countdown FF milk with protein powder L: Slimfast Brownie Bar D: Ground turkey with a bit of spaghetti sauce, mozzerella cheese and ricotta cheese S: Slimfast snack bar Totals: Calories 856 Carbs: 44 Protein: 84 Got in about 64 oz. of water. Hugs, Nancy -106
GailD
on 4/14/05 12:23 pm - Racine, WI
Nancy, Looking for something high protein, low carb and CRUNCHY? Try the Power Crunch bars -- Triple Chocolate (the best), Peanut Butter, Cookies & Cream, Vanilla Wafer, etc. They taste just like those old fashioned wafer cookies. I don't know where they hide the protein in these things, cuz you sure can't taste it! You can get them from bariatriceating.com (and I've seen them at the Vitamin Shoppe...if you have one of those in your area) -- THEY ARE AWESOME! They really satisfy me! Here's the stats: Total Fat: 8g Total Carb: 8g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 4g Protein 14g Calories: 175 mmm-mmm-good! Gail D. 252/154/140
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/05 11:09 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I think I discovered why I felt so "hungry" yesterday. It wasn't ACTUALLY hunger. IT WAS THIRST! I snacked all evening long, but still that empty feeling lingered. At about 9pm, I got smart and said "Ok, I'm done eating...I'm going to drink something instead." And lo and behold, after I drank some Crystal Light, the empty feeling was GONE, GONE, GONE! And if I sit back and think about it, I only had about 12 oz of liquid yesterday. No wonder I was "hungry." So now I know I need to be aware of "thirst hunger." Lesson learned!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views