energy level

BELINDA C.
on 4/12/05 5:32 am - GROVES, TX
I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but after 9 months I am finally feeling the lose of my energy. I try my best to eat the proper things, veg, chicken, salad, etc........BUT, by the end of the day I am wipped out. I just don't have the same energy I had when I was heavier. I have lost a total of 82 lbs since 07-04 and I am thrilled about it, BUT, I still wish I felt as good as people say I look. Yes, I take 2 flintstones chewable vitamins each day........does anyone have any other suggestions on how to improve my energy level?
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/05 6:29 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I agree with Toni...call your doctor and have him/her run blood tests to make sure your levels are fine (my surgeon asked for zinc and magnesium in addition to the standard tests). Another possibility could be depression. A lot of times a person may feel very tired and run down, but it's actually because they're depressed, not because they're physically sick. I don't know if the type of vitamin makes a big difference or not, but I've often heard that children's vitamins don't contain enough of what we need. I take Centrum Performance, which has even MORE of everything that a standard adult multi-vitamin, and I feel terrific! Don't forget the calcium and B-12...those are also very important to keeping you healthy and full of energy. I'm like the Energizer Bunny; even with very little sleep, I keep going and going and going. You should be feeling similar... Pamela -94
Sue G.
on 4/12/05 4:25 pm - Aurora, NE
I agree you possibly need to have your blood checked. You might need to take some iron or B12. I work out on my treadmill and my energy is way up there! I feel wonderful and isn't that the reason we did this in the first place. Call your dr!.. Sue
Tanja Y
on 4/13/05 9:37 am - Wahiawa, HI
I gotta agree with everyone else. Sounds like you're not getting enough vitamins. I know on the days I don't take mine on schedule or forgtet I feel more rundown then normal. Like everyone else, I wonder where's your b-12, iron, calcium? I take childrens chewables, but I also take a womans multi vitamin too. You're eating protein, but do you supplement with a protein drink? They help too, IMO. ~Tanja
Jennifier1
on 4/13/05 10:38 am - Weirton, WV
I have days when I feel like my energy level is very low. When I look into it, those days usually follow a short period of time when I didn't get as much protein as I usually do. Whenever I mention to my fiance that I'm exhausted, he insists on making me a protein shake. By the next day, my energy level is much better. Log your protein and make sure you are truly getting in the amount that you need. Also, like the others suggested, contact you doctors to make sure your labs are ok.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views