Hello from an August Lurker!

Leslie H.
on 4/12/05 4:17 am - Round Rock, TX
Hi! I had my surgery August 3rd, so I often come here to read this board since I have a lot in common with July folks as well. After months of lurking, I started to feel funny about reading your stories, seeing your pictures, relating to your struggles and successes, and never saying hello. So...HELLO! Do you mind if I hang out here sometimes? I really like how this board is particularly good about goal-setting and problem-solving. You don't seem as obsessed with comparing numbers as other surgery date boards are. One of my post-op struggles is my terrible tendency to compare myself to others, and it really bothers me when there is so much comparing going on. Don't get me wrong--I love checking in at the August board and I'm not slamming it in any way. I really enjoy touching base with my surgery date friends, and I intend to continue doing so. But, as I said, I think this board has an especially positive vibe going on. I hope that since I'm only three days away from having been a July baby, you'll adopt me. Kudos to all of you and your successes so far! ---- Leslie 5'3" 282/179/135 (103 down, 44 to go! )
deeno
on 4/12/05 4:37 am - Kokomo, IN
Welcome aboard. Just consider yourself a "late bloomer" on our board, but you're more than welcome to post, lurk, respond....whatever floats your boat. I love the July board--we're a pretty supportive group here. I think we're fair, honest, supportive, and positive. I'm trying to be more of a goal oriented gal myself instead of focusing on the numbers--it's not easy. I'm doing very well with my eating goal, but my added exercise....well, I'm doing OK, but I want to improve here. Anyhow, speak up whenever you want to--you've been welcomed! Diana
bamasweetpea
on 4/12/05 5:28 am - Fayetteville, NC
Come and stay a spell! You are always welcome!! Carrie 5'4" 255/182/140
Danelle72
on 4/12/05 5:47 am - Las Vegas, NV
Leslie, Congrats on your weight loss and welcome!!! The people on this site are great. They are all so nice and the encouragement is amazing. I always feel so much better after I type to them. They rock!!! Take care and come back and see us soon!!! Luv Danelle
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/05 6:29 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Leslie... So you arrived a little late is all Welcome to the insanity over here. Congrats on your loss! Linda 268/151.5
us2bfat C.
on 4/12/05 11:34 am - selden, NY
welcome to the wacky world of the july babies we are a tight knit bunch so stick around and get knitted in we always welcome newcomers Stacy queen wacko
Sue G.
on 4/12/05 4:19 pm - Aurora, NE
The more the merrier !! And your right this is a great group of people !!
Leslie H.
on 4/13/05 2:58 am - Round Rock, TX
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I will definitely stop by frequently and contribute as I'm able. ---- Leslie -103
GailD
on 4/13/05 3:13 am - Racine, WI
Welcome, Leslie! I've lurked in the August board occasionally because my surgery was late in July -- so early-on I had more in common with the early-August babies! You're right -- the July board is a great place -- and the more the merrier! I don't post as often as some, but I'm always here lurking. This is a great bunch of people. Gail D. 252/154/140 -98
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views