only drop weight one week per month

Jennifier1
on 4/11/05 9:10 am - Weirton, WV
I've noticed the past few months, that my body rests for a few weeks, then I'll drop 5-8 pounds in a matter of days, then it's back to rest for my body. Has anyone else seen this type of pattern? Jen -103
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/05 9:12 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Most definitely! Except that when I lose that 5lbs, I spend the next several weeks fighting to keep it...but eventually, I'll lose another several pounds, so it all evens out. Pamela -94
Jennifier1
on 4/11/05 10:09 am - Weirton, WV
I find I bounce around with a few pounds during those other weeks as well. I was craving pickles this weekend and let myself have a few and the extra sodium resulted in almost a five pound fluctuation over night. I'm a daily weigher so I notice things like that with extra sodium but my real weight loss only happens every few weeks. It makes for a very happy week when the scale is moving but I get anxious during the off weeks wondering when my next good week will come.
bunnymorris
on 4/11/05 10:20 am - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Absolutely! I just think it's the time my body gets used to the weight loss. My inches change, my skin tightens a little, and then it's time for the next small loss. I'm ok with it. A little long between drops but it does come. Glad to hear I'm not alone in this pattern. Love, Bunny -105
Jennifier1
on 4/13/05 9:23 am - Weirton, WV
I wish my skin would tighten a little. Instead it keeps getting worse. I didn't think I'd be bothered by the skin issue as much as I am. Looks like PS is in my future.
missang
on 4/11/05 11:59 am - Garfield, NJ
I just wanted to tell you, I am having the same problem. I thought it was me cause there are days I don't want to eat and other days, Then other days I feel I am eating too much. But I noticed that since March 10 I only lost 5 lbs I guess it starts to taper off a bit now. My doctor says don't worry it happens like that in spurts and then you will see it so who knows I just know it is coming off and that makes me happy Ang
Jennifier1
on 4/13/05 9:25 am - Weirton, WV
When I went for my sixth month check-up the doctor said to expect another 10-20 pound loss over the next six months. I've already lost more than 20 since then so anything extra I'm considering a bonus at this point although I'm determined to make it down another 15 to my personal goal weight of 147.
GailD
on 4/12/05 3:00 am - Racine, WI
Jen, My weight comes off the same way! I weigh myself daily (I know...it's a no-no but I can't help it!) Over the last few months, I'll go for a good two to three weeks staying pretty much the same...maybe lose a pound or so...then all of a sudden, in one week's time, I'll lose 4 or 5 lbs! My weight loss has slowed down to 6 or 7 pounds a month...but that's okay -- I'm only 15 lbs. away from goal. I used to get really frustrated when the scale didin't move...now I don't worry so much about it. I know I'm eating right and the weight will come off when it's ready. Isn't it weird that so many of us lose in spurts like this? Gail D. -98
Jennifier1
on 4/13/05 9:27 am - Weirton, WV
I'm 15 pounds away from my goal also. I'm also a daily weigher. I was a math major in college so I've always been a numbers person. I don't get frustrated that it doesn't change daily although my fiance laughs at the looks on my face each day when I get on the scale. He's even caught me weighing several times in one day and has threatened to hide the scale. He only weigh once a week or so at this point and he's 10 months further out than I am.
Leslie H.
on 4/12/05 7:31 am - Round Rock, TX
I've always been that way--I lose well just one week out of each month. I call it my "losing week." But in the good ole' days (the first 3-4 months post-op), I would lose 8-12 lbs in my losing week. Now, I'm lucky if it's 3-5. I'll lose 0-2 lbs per week in the other three weeks of each month. The last two months I've lost 10 lbs total each month, but I'll be hard-pressed to hit that this time since I've had two zero loss weeks in a row. Anyway, the short answer is YES. I have that pattern as well. I feel like I spend my whole month waiting anxiously for my losing week to come! ---- Leslie -103
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views