Plateau Buster

wlwav
on 4/10/05 9:31 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Everyone, I have been reading all the posts about the plateau Buster. I think I am definitely gonna try it starting tomorrow(Mon. 4-11-05) After going 4 weeks up and down on the darn scale I need to do something. I have a hard time getting the water in and I thought maybe that was the problem but I tried drinking more water and it hasn't helped much. So I figured I was just "snacking" too much. So we will see what happens. To date I have lost 148 lbs and I would like to lose 50 more but at the rate I am going I will never get there so hopefully this Plateau Buster will get me on the right track again. I have worked so hard to get to where I am I don't want to fail at this. Well I will do my best. Thanks to everyone you have all been an inspiration to me. Best of luck to all of you who are already on the plateau buster. Take care. Linda
Danelle72
on 4/10/05 10:28 am - Las Vegas, NV
Linda, Congrats on your weight loss so far. You are doing great. I wanted to wish you luck with your Plateau Buster. You can do it. Keep up the great work!!! You will get there. Luv Danelle
SeeMeNow
on 4/10/05 10:11 pm - Amery, WI
Okay.... I have been at the same weight for two months. What is a plateau buster???? I am interested in anything that will get that scale moving downwards again. I have 20 lbs to go and just can't get that stupid scale to move. Thanks for the help. Barb
IrishIze
on 4/11/05 2:13 am - NJ
Hi Linda, Here is the Plateau Buster some people here are using: #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily. *********************************** I also found this one on Leilani's profile page. LEI's Ca'BOY STEW My version of a PLATEAU BUSTER!! This stew helps me to "flush out" my system and jumpstart my weight loss. It's like a NATURAL laxative, per se' - healthy, delish, filling and good for you. It's a very basic recipe that Ive fine tuned over the years, based on different types of beans, proteins, veggies, and GOOD carbs that my body needed to avoid starvation mode while still losing weight. I don't like to "COOK" per se' - so if Im in a lazy mood, I use the CANNED items in my stew. If Im in a SuzyHomeMaker kinda mood, then I use the dried (fresh) beans - 1 bag of the 15 bean mix and 1 bag of Kidney beans. Just cook them according to the directions on the bag. Other then that, the recipe is pretty standard as follows. ? 1 can Lima beans ? 1 can Pinto beans ? 1 can Kidney beans ? 1 can White navy beans ? 1 can Butterbeans ? 1 can diced tomatoes (choose your flavor) ? 2 cans spicy V8 juice ? 1 entire LARGE cabbage - chopped/shredded into bite size pieces. ? 2 LARGE potatoes, skinned, chopped. ? 1 LARGE onion ? 2 small cans of mushrooms (or 1 large tray of fresh) ? 1 can green chili's diced (mild, med, hot, your choice) ? 1 lb lean ground turkey meat ? 2 PRECOOKED chicken breasts or thighs, diced --or-- any other type of MEAT leftovers you have on hand. Sausage? Pork? etc. ? 2 table spoons of minced garlic, or 8 fresh cloves ? 2 table spoons low carb ketchup ? Various seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic, MzDash, Onion Salt, etc. Grab a LARGE pot (big and deep enough to hold ALL the above indredients) and use it to brown turkey meat, garlic (if it's minced) and chopped onions with dry seasonings of your choice. Drain what little grease there might be. In the same pot, add the diced potatoes, garlic cloves (if it's fresh) and cabbage, about 3 cups of water, and the V8 Juice. Boil for about 20 minutes, giving the potatoes a chance to cook. Then add ALL remaining ingredients, just dump them in. If you used fresh beans, add them "cooked" to the pot. If you're using canned beans, just open the cans and DRAIN the juice first. Add the entire can (with juice) of chilis, tomatoes, etc. You might have to add a little more water, to keep it from cooking out, also don't be afraid to SEASON it. Seasoning is our friend, and since you'll be eating this soup for several days, 2 to 3 times a day, you want to make darn sure you LOVE the way you've seasoned it. About the 3rd day of eating this, I try to add a new twist to it, to change up the taste again. Maybe a can of corn? Or some black olives? Or a little bit of shredded cheese? Sour cream... etc. The CORE blend of ingredients always seems to jump start my weight loss. This is ALL I eat, 3 or 4 times a day until the pot is empty, normally lasts about 5 to 6 days. I also drink lots of water (100 oz +) during this time. Nutrients per 1 cup serving: Calories 290, Protein 25 gr, Fat 5 gr, *Net*Carbs 19 gr (from good [bean] carbs, after deducting 9 gr of fiber) Leilani ("Lei") ************************************* I'm trying to get back on track, so today I am back to full liquids just to break the chain of snacking, etc. So far so good. Tomorrow I might stay on liquids one more day or start on one or the other of these Plateau Busters. Hugs, Nancy -105
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views