Getting Back to Basics....

IrishIze
on 4/8/05 11:00 pm - NJ
I have been really sick for the past week. I have had a cold from HE77, and strep throat and bronchitis. I haven't been eating right. I haven't really been eating bad things - well, a few - but for the most part, I have just been eating a lot. It kind of scares me how much I can eat. I'm finding a lot of old behaviors coming back - planning on having enough food around and panicking if there might not be, stopping off at the store to buy 'snack' items just for me, no regular meals - but snacking all day long. I'm also not logging onto fitday.com, and I'm rationalizing like crazy. DANGER - DANGER - DANGER, as the Croc Hunter would say. I wonder if after all I've been though, haven't I learned anything? I haven't gained - maybe a pound up one day, then down the next - but I'm forming bad habits and I know it. Starting Monday, I'm getting back to basics. I'm going to do a liquid diet for a day or two, just to get 'set-up'. Then I am going back to high protein meals three times a day with two small snacks. I'm going to log everything on fitday.com and I'm going to walk every day too. I joined a gym for three months and I'm going to go at least 4x per week. I'm also going to get all of my water in. The time has come!!!! Hugs, Nancy -105
Cyndi S.
on 4/9/05 12:36 am - Springfield, OH
Nancy, I wondered where you were. Sorry to hear that the cold got worse. I think that it's really easy to fall back into our old habits. I know I've done my share. My protein and water have both been lacking and I wish I could say that I just love veggies so much there's no room for chicken, but it's been carbs that have been in the way! Glad to hear you're ready to commit to health. Take care, Cyndi
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/05 3:06 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've been thinking about you lately. I was kind of worried after your last post about having some addictive behavior issues. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick, but that explains why you haven't been around to kick me in the butt! Today (which is still Saturday) I am getting back on the right track. The last three weeks have been absolutely horrid for me in terms of food, and I absolutely REFUSE to let myself get any further out of control. Hang in there, Nancy! You have been my voice of reason all this time, so now we can both work together to stay on track. Today I had a healthy breakfast and lunch, chock full of protein. I'm planning to take my bike to the park this evening, although I can't guess how long I'll be able to ride, as I have little endurance for it. As for dinner, I don't know yet. Maybe I'll finish the rest of my lunch! Pamela -94
JustHat
on 4/9/05 3:58 am - NM
Nancy! I missed you. It is good to have you back and healthy once again. Hat
bunnymorris
on 4/9/05 2:56 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Hey, there you are! Sorry you have been sick! Hope you are rip roaring and ready to go very soon! I know--I am at -105 and seem to be stalled. You're right--need to concentrate on 3 high protein meals, water, I do exercise each day so I'm ok there and I do faithfully take my vitamins. I do find myself just snacking and not fixing those wonderful high protein meals. I'm with you, Nancy. Let's see if we can break this 105. I have 15 more to go before seeing the dr. in June. I lost 5 since I saw him last and it would be great if I could at least drop 10 or more when I go back. He did warn me it might be slow. We can do it!! Bunny
Sue G.
on 4/9/05 5:15 pm - Aurora, NE
Hang in there Nancy.. you look so great !!! So you had a few bad days that's understandable when your sick. Now just jump back in there were all behind ya all the way!!
deeno
on 4/9/05 11:01 pm - Kokomo, IN
Glad to see that you're back, Nancy. I see you've set up some good goals, too. Keep up the good work. I, too, am suprised at how much I can eat. I'm currently doing the plateau buster diet. I've lost 4 pounds on it so far, and I am currently one pound below my lowest recorded weight since WLS. I think I weigh what I weighed when I was 16...which was 17 years ago (I'm 33 now). What a rush. It's good that you are recognizing these bad habits and are preparing to stomp them out. It ain't easy, but we're all here for each other. You can do it. Diana
GailD
on 4/10/05 11:47 am - Racine, WI
Hi Nancy, Sorry to hear you've been sick! There is so much crud going around right now! Sorry to hear you've been struggling -- but it sure sounds like you've got a good plan! It's so hard to think about what you're eating when you feel crappy...so don't be too hard on yourself! Tomorrow is a new day and you've got a good plan! Take care, Gail D. 252/155/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views