I cheated

deeno
on 4/7/05 11:56 pm - Kokomo, IN
Ugh...Last night I ate two very large handfulls of Honey nut Cheerios. I also ate 3 additional ounces of protein (chicken breast). I was hungry (not in my head), but felt guilty afterwards. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day, but with my cheat last night, I just couldn't keep from stepping on the scale this morning. There is good news and better news! I now weigh 209--I lost 1 pound from my lowest weight, and I've lost 4 pounds since "busting" my butt. It's working. The better news is I am much less frightened of diet failure (I have had a long history of following diets pre WLS to the letter and seeing no results--not even one pound). I feel motivated to keep going. I am 4 pounds away from being 100 pounds lighter than I was at my heaviest recorded weight. I may make that "mini-goal" within this buster diet. So, I stumbled a little (we all do at some point). I regret the Cheerios, but I recognize that as far as cheats go, it could have been so much worse. I could have eaten half the box, or worse ....I could have eaten some other form of junk worse than cereal. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm human. Back on the wagon for day 5 today. I feel confident, happy, tired, and hungry....but I'm Ok with all of that. I will not be on line after today until Tuesday--unless I get lucky and find a computer somewhere this weekend. So, I'll be back here for day 9 on Tuesday. Weekends are hard for me with their lack of structure. Saturday won't be bad--very busy day planned--at least until dinner and evening. I'll be surrounded by tempting snacks at my in-laws house, and I don't don well in the evening. I think I'll be going to bed early to avoid the food. Can't eat if I'm sleeping! Good luck to all Diana
rdt1130
on 4/8/05 12:15 am - Bristol, TN
Diana Girl you are doing good, I dared step on the scale this am even though I said I wasnt going to until this 10 days was up...well I was down a whole lb but that is a lb more than I have lost in 5 wks or more...I have cheated a little to you know me and the cheezits I will kill the next person that brings that huge box and plops it down on the nurses station at work...I can NOT keep my hand out of that box.... and last night my hubby brought home this huge thing of bread from this place that I love with this most heavenly spread Ive ever tasted and of course I have not had this since way before my surgery and did I resist ...NOPE...and I almost dont even regret it it was sooooo good...but im backon the wagon today had my protein drink this am and i glass of water so far... and Im going to get lots of exercise this weekend...if it kills me... ((((hugs))))) Rebecca
Tanja Y
on 4/8/05 1:06 am - Wahiawa, HI
I can out-cheat your cheat..........last night I ate a peanut cluster! I was cleaning my kitchen and came across a bag of homemade chirstmas candy and ate one. Now the bag is in the trash.......went there when I went to grab a second piece. Figured it was safer in the trash! What sucks is while my pouch wasn't too happy with the chocolate in it, it wasn't upset enough in my opinion. Plus I had such a good day yesterday eating wise, until that peanut cluster. Got in 99 grams of protein, calories was under 900 and then I blew it. Todays a new day.........and the candy is in the trash........ ~Tanja 448/287/148
scholarmama
on 4/8/05 2:05 am - Hemet, CA
Well to be honest I am really glad to see that I am not the only one that cant stay away from those dang carbs!!! I am down 2 lbs but would probably be more if I could stay away from those stinkin carbs...lol Everything else is grea****er yep... vitamins yep.... protein yep... but cant stay away from those carbs...lol I guess for me too with all my kiddos and the fact that we have em in the house it doesnt help do now I am keeping myself busy (not that that is a prob) and staying out of the kitchen...lol Loni -165
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/05 3:42 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well, I couldn't even last one day on the buster plan. It is just WAY too strict for me! Plus, my stomach can definitely hold more than three ounces of chicken which is why I like to eat a lot of vegetables (namely green peppers and onions) with my meals. I have no will power, I suppose. Luckily, I have no plateau to bust, so I am going to focus on making healthier choices, including when I go out for dinner. The last three weeks, I have gotten very lax. Thankfully, warmer weather is here, so it is time to throw some chicken and steak on the grill and call it a protein-fest. Well, at least I exercise Pamela 352/258/150 6 pounds until 100 lost
Cyndi S.
on 4/9/05 12:20 am - Springfield, OH
Wish I could cheat that well!!! I made the mistake of going to the grocery at lunchtime yesterday. I had a oatmeal bar on the way home since I was feeling starved. That might have been ok if I hadn't followed it up with a California five cheese pizza for dinner! I did maintain my water and increased my protein in snacks. I can tolerate a protein shake if I don't start the day with one and have something else to eat like eggs or cheese first. Did step on the scales this morning and they're down 4 pounds, so something's working! Take care all, Cyndi
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views