Buster Babes...day 4 begins

deeno
on 4/7/05 2:19 am - Kokomo, IN
I didn't step on the scale today. This is a big deal for me. I thought long and hard about it too. I thought that if I weighed in at the same weight (or, God forbid, higher) I'd get down on myself and cheat today. I also thought that if by some miracle I had lost some weight and weighed in under 210 for the first time in my adult life, I would freak out and want to "celebrate" with a snack--because just a little is ok, right (wrong, wrong, wrong). So, I didn't weigh, and it's not driving me nuts. I'm actually excited because I'm allowed to weigh in on Saturday morning, and I really think my weight will be down. I really think this buster is working. My appetite is going down (a little, but it is getting better). I am a little bored with my limited food choices, but it could be worse. I made some shrimp last night that was delicious. I'm going to have tuna and cottage cheese for lunch. The weekend is going to be the true test. I hate dieting on weekends. At work, my routine is somewhat structured. I don't have too many food choices available to me at work either (no vending machines, and I bring food from home to eat). At home, there are so many choices of things that I want to eat, but can't on this buster diet. I mean, I can have them in apporpriate portions once the buster is over (if I decide to stop at ten days--I may continue it, I just don't know yet). So, 1/2 way done with day 4, and I'm doing OK. Still hungry, but no longer insanely hungry. Diana
Irene S.
on 4/7/05 3:09 am - NJ
Diana, you're doing great! Keep up fighting the good fight. I eat a very low carb diet and I find that it really helps with the hunger and food cravings, especially for carbs. Before I had surgery, I was a MAJOR carb addict and I don't want to ever go back there. irene
Duval Diva
on 4/7/05 3:11 am - JACKSONVILLE, FL
hi Di and what do your diet says you can have i would like to try i'm soooooooooo stuck and not loosing nothing but my mine
Cyndi S.
on 4/7/05 9:00 am - Springfield, OH
Vee, Diana and a few of us are trying the plateau buster that was posted on main board a few days ago. Here goes #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily. The only question I have is with the sf soda. My doctor says soda never!!! Hope this helps. I think we've all just been spoiled by how easy the losses have been up til now. Hope you join in with us, Cyndi
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/05 4:02 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm halfway through my first day of the buster regime, and I've already lost 2 lbs. NO KIDDING! My lowest point (a couple of weeks ago) was 260, but yesterday I was up to 263. Today, I was down to 258. Go figure! I'm going to try to stick with this buster plan pretty closely, although I may add a few peppers and onions to things. I am definitely not eating any high starch vegetables or breads/pastas...for as long as I can stand it, anyway. So far, the day is going well. I've had plenty of protein, very little carbs, have taken all my vitamins, and have already been to the gym. I sure hope I can keep this up! Pamela -94
deeno
on 4/7/05 4:48 am - Kokomo, IN
Awesome, Pam! You are creeping up on the big 1-0-0! Keep up the good work! Good job to all of the Buster Babes, too. If you fall off the wagon, get back on. It's only ten days....the light is at the end of the tunnel for all of us. Let's hope it isn't an oncoming train! have a good one! Diana
Cyndi S.
on 4/7/05 8:50 am - Springfield, OH
Hey buster buddie, hope the balance of your day went well. I had forgotten how great variety in your diet is. Hope I can hold in there for 10 days. I just need to be creative with my choices and take advantage of the freebies like sf popsicles, especially since our weather is improving here. Good luck for tomorrow, Cyndi
Cyndi S.
on 4/7/05 8:44 am - Springfield, OH
Diana, Glad to hear that the INSANE HUNGER stops! Pamela and I started day one today, and I didn't realize how much I have taken carbs for granted. I feel like all I've done today is go to the bathroom, so I guess I hadn't quite upped my water previously like I thought I had! Don't know if I'll be good like you and stay off the scales. They have been my daily friend! Thanks for blazing the trail ahead for us, keep up the good work especially with your conference next week. Cyndi
Vicki Tobergte
on 4/9/05 11:26 am - Independence, KY
Sounds good guys. keep up the good work. I think I'm going to try the buster diet Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views