9 month check in

Monna W.
on 4/6/05 12:31 pm - Susanville, CA
Today marks 9 months since my RNY and I have lost a total of 139 lbs--I have reached 250. I am so happy I could scream. Thanks to Pinalope for telling us how to add pictures to our profiles. I just added some and it was so much fun to see them appear on my profile immediately. Monday I rode a bicycle for the first time in 15 years. It was not without mishap, but I survived and rode about 1/2 a mile. The seat was not at the right height so my knees hurt afterward. Rode again last night and fell again, spin: but still survived an got right back on. I love riding with my grandson. Today I am wearing a 20/22 top. Wish my bottom would shrink as fast as my top. Oh well. I have 3 more lbs to lose to be obese. I can hardly contain myself. After 9 months, my daughter is patiently waiting to deliver her daughter (she was due Sunday) and I have released a whole grown woman. What an accomplishment for us both. Monna 389/250 (-139)
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/05 1:04 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Happy anniversary to you, happy anniversary to you! And me! And to the other 7/6ers! Isn't amazing how different life is? I bought a bike a couple of months ago and could actually ride it without falling off. Of course, I had to get a "butt cheeks" seat, as my daughter calls it...you know, one of those fancy seats that cost more than the bike Isn't life grand? Pamela -92
ileanak
on 4/6/05 9:57 pm - San Antonio, TX
Congratulations Monna! You are rocking your own world, and what a wonderful thing! I am so proud of you! Ileana 282/187/150
deeno
on 4/7/05 1:13 am - Kokomo, IN
OMG! has it been 9 months already? It's hard to believe that our one year anniversary is right around the corner, too. Man, time flies when you're "livin' life"! Congrats to all! Diana
Irene S.
on 4/7/05 3:13 am - NJ
What a wonderful post! Happy Anniversary! I'm so thrilled for you and the wonderful things that wls have brought into your life. Keep up the good work and enjoy riding with your grandkids. irene
us2bfat C.
on 4/7/05 7:29 am - selden, NY
monna that is totally amazing you look absoultely radiant you have such a glow about you.. you can tell that your beside yourself keep up the good work and the positive posts mazel tov on your new grand baby Stacy
Cyndi S.
on 4/7/05 9:13 am - Springfield, OH
Monna, Congratulations!!! Don't worry about the biking. It does get easier and you will take fewer spills, but aren't they embarrassing! My son cut me off on the trail once and down I went right in front of two men who were super bikers. I don't know if there are rails to trails in your area, but they're really popular and I've met some nice people. Around here the regulars recognize one another and take care of each other, so I always feel safe and that I'll have help if one of my falls is serious. Keep up the good work, Cyndi
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views