Update on me and family (long)

scholarmama
on 4/6/05 11:21 am - Hemet, CA
Hello family and friends... Well all it is that time again... lol It has now been a little over 8 months since my surgery and I cannot tell you how happy I am to have been given such a gift as to have my life back. I honestly feel that I was existing before and now I am living... At this point in time I am down 163 lbs from my start of 388 lbs putting me at 225 lbs. (My next goal at this time is to just get under 200... I cannot remember the last time I was under 200) I have had quite a wonderful month... I got married on the 19th and couldnt be happier. We went to Sea World and I rode a roller coaster... something I havent done in at least 12 years... (and I wasnt worried about not fitting). As far as sizes go I started in a 32 or 4X and I am down to wearing 16 or XL tops and 18-22 on the bottom due to my belly over hang... My Easter dress was a 16 and I love the dress so now I am trying to figure out how I can alter it to get more wear out of it...lol. I did finally buy a new jacket cuz I was absolutely swimming in my other one and I couldnt believe I was able to buy it in the "normal" women's section of the store... My instinct is still very much to go into the plus sizes even tho I really dont wear those anymore... I am down to the last few weeks of my 1st semester as a Master's student and it has been a real struggle for me... not because of class difficulty but more so staying motivated ... I went from being at school 5 days a week during the day to 2 evenings a week with each class only meeting once... It has been a really big adjustment. But one almost down and 2 more to go before student teaching... I think once I get into my actual Master's degree classes I will be more interested herefore more motivated... (yeah right...lol) Ronnie just graduated from his computer school and has more work than he can shake a stick at... man does word of mouth mean something... He is also working as an assistant manager for the Californian newspaper which he enjoys cuz it gives him his days to work on computers... He has applied for his resale license and has ordered business cards so the side business is well on its way to taking off. Corkie, is doing better now that she has been on adderrol for about 2 1/2 months... its amazing what a different kid she is... We have had a few stall outs as we adjust her meds to the right dosage but she pulled her grades up to all C's and above last semester and She is doing much much better in softball now that she is able to focus more... Breezie, is once again gearing up for her annual dance recital she is excited... She loved being a flower girl in the wedding because she got to look like a princess. She is excelling in school so fast that the teacher and I are having trouble keeping her challenged and not bored. Things come to her so easy that it is sometimes frustrating for Corkie. Libbie well is Libbie... she is enrolled in a Preschool backpack program through her up and coming elementary school and thinks she is big stuff when she gets to go... she knows how to write her name which surprised me a bit cuz she doesnt seem to be all that interested in academics... but she knows more than I thought she did...lol Nathaniel has probably had the most amounts of changes over the last couple of months. He now has a PT, OT and Speech Therapist that come to the house and see him once a week. His vocabulary has grown from verbalizing 5 words to almost 50 and between signing and vocalizing... he is actually above where he should be for his age... (mommy is sooo proud...lol) He is still a bit pigeon toed and but it has greatly approved from his first diagnosis. He is building muscle tone and is able (with help) to walk up stairs taking one with each foot. But most exciting is the fact that he can now drink out of a straw... It has made going out to eat much easier on him... Okay well I think I have bored everyone enough now... I have attached the links to my photo albums so that you can all go browse the happenings... (dont forget to add the http Loni //pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/byemamabye/my_photos
Danelle72
on 4/6/05 11:32 am - Las Vegas, NV
Wow look at you skinny! You look amazing. You looked beautiful. Congrats on your new marriage. Hubby looks very happy with his new bride!!! Keep up the great job. You are beautiful. Danelle
scholarmama
on 4/6/05 12:55 pm - Hemet, CA
Thank you Danelle... I am excited with the new things that 2005 is bringing... more are to come in the next couple of months... so more updates to come...lol Loni
Sue G.
on 4/6/05 6:37 pm - Aurora, NE
I was waiting to see those wedding pictures !! Wow Loni you look beautiful!! Especially like the ones with your kids !! ... Sue
Irene S.
on 4/7/05 4:08 am - NJ
WOW! What an update. I'm thrilled for your successes and all the wonderful changes that are happening for you and your family. irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views