retraining my pouch--day 3 of "the buster"

deeno
on 4/6/05 7:00 am - Kokomo, IN
Hi everyone. A special hug to my fellow "Buster Babes"! Thanks for all of your support. I'm feeling better about this buster diet. I feel like I'm retraining my pouch to function on smaller amounts of food. You know, if I let myself do it, I can eat a bunch. But, on the other hand, if I condition myself to "get used to" eating less, I think it's possible that I may see some results. I have made some process oriented goals for myself, not numbers on a scale since I blew the Easter challenge. You know, I didn't lose one single pound, but then again I thought the pounds would just melt off like magic or something. *wink* One of my goals was to start walking--I'd say I was doing "fair" on this one. I have introduced walking to my already crazy routine, and I loved it the two times I walked. Man, it's so much better to walk when you weigh less! I need to motivate myself to wake up early and walk before work--that's when I have the most time. I have every excuse in the book down pat on this one (my favorite excuse is the most serious case of bed-head you have ever seen), and I just need to grow up, put on a hat and do it. It's supposed to be rainy tomorrow, so we'll see how it flies the rest of the week. I am doing well at keeping my dinners/meals out down. I have had to go out more than I thought I would, but I've eaten healthier, and less. Now that I'm "busting", I only went out last night b/c I really had no choice, and I did pretty well. Hubby is being really helpful with this one. I can't seem to keep myself off of the scale. Hubby is also a daily weigher, and he won't agree to let me move the scale out of the kitchen where I walk past it every day. I'm going to see if he'll let me move it for just one week to see if that helps. I am down to 210 again as of this morning (my lowest). I think this buster diet will put me at 205 by the time I'm done with it. Here I go again talking numbers.....Ugh...this is why I need to move the scale. So, as far as my goals are concerned, I'm doing better, but I'm not there yet. I am sticking to the buster really well (pats self on back), but I still have 7 1/2 days of busting my butt left to do. I'm still hungry, but I'm not freakishly hungry. I think this will slowly get better over time. Plus, when I'm done with the buster, my former diet will seem like a feast. I think this diet is going to help me make some (hopefully) long term changes. Heck, if they aren't long term, I think I could repeat the buster down the road if I needed to for further "pouch retraining". It usually takes me a few tries before I "get it", anyhow. I'm glad I have this group as my outlet to talk about this stuff. Diana **SUGAR FREE POPSCICLES ARE AWESOME**
Cyndi S.
on 4/6/05 9:08 am - Springfield, OH
Diana, Sounds like you're doing great! Made me think after reading all the buster posts, that I'd better get started too. Protein has become an issue for me- my six months check showed that I was low which is probably why my losses have slowed too. Water has also been hard, so I'll be on a fresh start tomorrow. Thanks Busters for the boost, Cyndi 257/164/130
(deactivated member)
on 4/6/05 10:21 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Cyndi, everyone started the buster diet on Monday. You can be my buster buddy...we can start it together tomorrow!
deeno
on 4/6/05 11:45 pm - Kokomo, IN
Good job, Pam. Proud of you. D
Cyndi S.
on 4/7/05 12:37 am - Springfield, OH
You've got a buster buddie! Started well this morning with 2 cups of decaf tea and then cottage cheese later for breakfast. Have 16 oz of water in so far. Just hoping I can handle a protein shake, they don't always do well! Glad to have you join in the fun! Cyndi
deeno
on 4/7/05 1:23 am - Kokomo, IN
I don't do well on the protein shakes either--I gag. I've been doing the protein bars instead, and I'm doing better than I thought I would with them. Glad you're on board, Cyndi! Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views