Pregnancy and Eating

sradcli74
on 4/6/05 4:52 am
Hi Everybody I don't really feel like working right now, so I thought I'd take a break and post something. For those of you who don't know I am 8 months post op and 12 weeks pregnant. Its been a while since I posted to this board, I've been hanging out on the pregnancy board. I'm going to lurk around and see how everyone is doing. Since surgery I am down 103 pounds. I haven't gained any weight with the pregnancy and i've only lost 2 pounds since I found out. Eating and being pregnant post WLS is very different from before. I feel like I have to eat something at least every couple hours or I get this really bad hunger pang or I just feel sick. Today though I feel like I have eaten and eaten and I'm still hungry, I wonder if its thirst. It's just after lunch time so I'll give a run down of what i've eaten so far. Also, any suggestions for improvement of my diet are greatly appreciated. I haven't logged my food in a while, I've been keeping count of the protein mentally, but sometimes that not really accurate, it helps to write it out. Pre - Breakfast Dannon Light and Fit Fiber Yogurt - 5g Breakfast - 3 Turkey Brown and Serve Sausage - 10g Snack - Yoplait Ultra Light Yogurt - 8g Snack - Sunflower Seeds - 9g Peanut Butter Twix 1/2 - 2.5g Lunch - Lean Pocket - 13g Small Salad w/Cheese - 4g --------------------------------------------- Total Protein 51.5g Planned Afternoon Snack - Orange Planned Dinner - South Beach Deluxe Pizza - 29 or 5 oz Baked Catfish - 35 Small Salad w/Cheese - 4 Planned Snack - Apple ---------------------------------------------- Total Protein for the Day - 80.5 to 90.5 Happy Eating! Teah
Traci72
on 4/6/05 5:17 am - Hastings, MN
I have such a hard time finding the preg. board here, that I've only popped in there once and NEED to go back. DH and I are trying to get pg later this year and I must admit that I'm nervous about it this time around due to my surgery. (we already have 3 kids, so I know the ropes in general) I've been concerned about the eating aspect, as well as the fact that I suffer from severe hyperemesis gravardium and noone seems to be able to tell me if it might get better now that I've lost so much weight, or if it would be the same as before. I'll be watching this post (and trying to find the pg board again...I just have to go on a real involved, time-consuming journey here to find it) w/interest. CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!! Traci 248/138/130
sradcli74
on 4/6/05 5:46 am
Hi Traci, Once I found the board, I just put a link to my favorites, you are right its hard to find, but here's the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/amosforums/postop_pregnancy/posts.html From what I've heard most female problems get better after surgery and women become more fertile. Good Luck to you. Teah
ErikaL
on 4/6/05 5:38 am - JAX, FL
Thirst would be my guess, also. The same signal is sent to our stomach by our brain for hunger or thirst. Congratulations! Take care, Erika L
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views