Need Help Posts

Kathi R.
on 4/6/05 4:48 am - WI
Hi All, Can't help but notice that there has been a lot of posts recently regarding poor food choices and lapsing into bad eating habits. Let me first say I am guilty of both. My problem is I can't seem to get rid of the little devil on my shoulder that says "one little bite won't hurt." However, that "one little bite" is what got me fat in the first place. Up to now, the weight has just fallen off, more or less, with only a couple of plateaus, but now I am seeing old habits resurface and it scares me. I am beginning to wonder if this is more of a psychological problem than an eating problem. Although I am enjoying all the positive attention I am receiving regarding my weight loss, I am worried that subconciously, something else is going on to try to derail me from reaching my goal. I am seriously thinking I should go see a therapist and am wondering if any of you are or have had these feelings as well and what you have done. Kathi
iowedad2
on 4/6/05 5:10 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/07/04 with
Hi Kathi, I too am noticing that my bad habits are resurfacing too! I'm snacking way too much. I know that if I were to increase my protein that I wouldn't want to snack. I started going back to the gym, so hopefully that will help too. My nutritionist had recommended that I shoudl seek a therapist too but I felt so stupid when I called trying to explain my situation. I never followed through with it. Don't give up. Thanks Jaime
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/05 2:30 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
The only thing I can tell you is that you aren't alone. As you've noticed, there are MANY of us having the same issues. I try to take everything day by day. If I mess up, tomorrow's a chance for a fresh start. And even when I make food mistakes, I try not to let my food choices interfere with the other key components of WLS...vitamins, protein, and exercise (I suck at the water thing). I'm so far from perfect that it's pathetic. It's frustrating! That's why I spend so much time posting here. By nature, I am a writer and journal-keeper. Even if no one reads my posts or responds to them, getting my feelings down onto "paper" is like going to a therapist. Only it's free Pamela -94
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views