ALMOST NORMAL??

Vivi *.
on 4/5/05 7:44 pm - clermont, FL
OK... I just recalculated my BMI. At 149 pounds, I am 4 lbs. away from having what is considered a NORMAL BMI!!! How did I get here??? I am so happy, I can't contain the joy. Things have changed so much in my life. I get more respect at work, school, and I am starting to date again. So the expressing "I HAVE A DATE" really means a REAL DATE. lol Sometimes I stop and wonder if the poeple who are nice to me today and the guys who take me out would have treated me just as well, had they met me before the surgery. I thought about this a lot and came to the conclusion that I can live my life pondering the subject and analysing people to death, or I can move on, forget the old person I used to be and enjoy the new life WLS has provided me. "cheers" to WLS and our new lives. Vivi 223/149/125
Julie 22
on 4/5/05 9:57 pm - NC
That's great news Vivi! Congratulations! I hope to be there before too long, 13 lbs. to go! Julie 5'3" 248/153/135 (seems like I will never get there)
deeno
on 4/5/05 11:53 pm - Kokomo, IN
Vivi- Congrats! You know, people may treat us differently because of our new "normalcy", plus our outgoing behavior changed with our new confidence as we become more attractive to ourselves. It's like a circle--hard to tell where it starts and ends. I say, just be happy for the great ride and don't sweat the "why" or "what if". Confidence really enhances a personality even more so that a smaller rear end, but they kind of go hand in hand, you know? Congrats on being so close to "normal". Glad to see you around here again, too! Diana
MargaretD
on 4/6/05 3:59 am - Nashville, TN
Congrats!!! What a great state normal is. As far as whether ppl would have treated you different. You know the answer to that question. It is not even worth analyzing and pondering. We treated ourselves different then too! I know I suffered a lot of depression because of the disdain I felt for myself. I think it is important not to forget the old person because we need to learn from our past and not repeat those same mistakes over again. The expression "I have a date" has changed for me too and it is wonderful. Although, not having dated a lot in the past, I am soooo unbelievably uncool and uncouth when it comes to guys! Cheers to you too! Margaret 238/133/125
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views