How are the other plateau busters doing

scholarmama
on 4/5/05 12:34 pm - Hemet, CA
I did ok... by 11 am this morn I had already drank 72 oz of fluid... I am now way over 100 and 80 oz is 2 qts so I am good... I found myself eating like I was one month out... very easy... string cheese, tuna, eggs... I am having chicken for dinner... but i did great... worked out at curves for 30 min and went for a bike ride with the family this evening... i feel great!!! I have decided to ride my bike to work tomorrow... hehehe So how did everyone else do Loni trying to break the barrier -163 lbs
deeno
on 4/6/05 12:07 am - Kokomo, IN
Hey fellow buster! Monday was "day one" (see my previous post), and it went OK. I survived it, but I was hungry, both real hunger and head hunger. I didn't cheat and made it through the day. Yesterday was day two. I did great up to 10:00, then I was still "OK". I went to the Women's NCAA Final Four game. We left immediately after work (5:00) and I still had two mini meals to eat. We didn't have time for dinner before the game, and the ball park had nothing but bad stuff to eat. I bought a water, and toughed it out. We all went out to eat after the game (around 10:00). I ordered an appetizer of chicken skewers (chicken cooked on bamboo strips) with steamed veggies. The chicken alone was probably about 6-8 ounces maximum. I cheated and ate some of the steammed veggies--they are not on the buster list, but I was hungry and had no choices available other than to be hungry. So I nibbled on some celery, water chestnuts, and snow peas. I'm sure it was all of 50 calories, so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm starting fresh today--yesterday is in the past. Oh, yeah, and we walked a bunch down town, too, so I got my exercise completed. Now, if I weren't on the buster diet, I would have pigged out. So, it is a small victory for me. I was so hungry at the ball game, I kept thinking about food--it was distracting. The ball game wasn't very good--kind of a blow out, but I still had a good time. I just wish I weren't thinking about food 90% of the time I was there. One thing I really liked about WLS (especially at the beginning--first 4 months) I almost never thought about food. Food happened when it happened, or when I remembered to eat--I actually forgot to eat as it wasn't on my mind (or stomach for that matter). But now, I'm thinking about food a lot. I think for me to be successful, I need to find other ways to consume my thoughts without food being a part of it. I'm beginning day three today, and I'm still OK. I've got some tough days coming up with a busy schedule that will make eating right tough, but not impossible. I have a conference coming up on Monday--meals are included, and there is always yummy snacks and deserts, but nothing that I can eat on the buster diet. I won't have a fridge available to me, and it will not be practical to carry a little lunch box to class, either. I'm going to have to "wing it" on Monday, but I'll keep myself in check and just do the best that I can do. Good luck to all--I hope that we are all successful with this buster diet. Diana
rdt1130
on 4/6/05 12:42 am - Bristol, TN
Im reallyglad you girls are doing good, Im STRUGGLING!!!! I was so hungry yesterday Im not sure in my head or for real but I was hungry and I cheated, only a little but I had a few cheezits at work...It was about 2 hrs before lunch and I hadnt taken anything for a snack and I was sooo hungry...WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???? WHY CANT I DO THIS?????? I did walk 2 miles last night and am ok this am just behind at starting to get my water in... I need a swift kick in the rear I guess... Rebecca -100lbs
deeno
on 4/6/05 1:00 am - Kokomo, IN
What's a couple of cheezits, anyway....all in all, sounds like not a bad day, really. Yesterday is gone. Today is fresh. You'll do fine today. I'm hungry, too. I feel like I'm retraining my pouch to remember what it was like to be small. Pre-WLS when I would diet, the first several days were rough until my stomach got used to the smaller amount of food. I feel like I'm going through the same thing, only it's a little easier than it was pre-WLS, and I'm eating less food. I'm not saying the buster diet is easy--only a little easier than previous diets thanks to my "tool". I'm struggling, too, but I think I'll make it today. You know, a good "fooler" on the buster diet is chicken broth--feels like a meal in my head, and temporarily fills my stomach. Plus, easy to do at work--just need a microwave. It also counts as fluid--at least, I count it as fluid. Yeah, there's some sodium in it, but they do make reduced sodium broth. I usually mix 1/2 reduced sodium and 1/2 regular. Hope this helps you feel less hungry and helps you get your water in, too. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views