Anyone else every experience this? What was it?

GailD
on 4/5/05 12:51 am - Racine, WI
Hi July-babies, Fortunately, I have not really experienced "dumping" yet -- although I haven't been very adventurous in my food choices, either. Last night for dinner I thought I'd have a bowl of brocolli -- veggies...good for you, right? I cooked the crap out of the brocolli because I've heard that it's fibrous and difficult to digest. Had a little cheddar cheese on top -- tasted great. Then I had a handful of pistachios -- I've eaten them before with no problem. About two hours later I WAS SO SICK! I literally had SHARP PAIN in my lower abdomen...wasn't sure WHAT was going on! I ended up throwing up many, many times before the pain finally settled down and I was able to go to sleep around 2 am. Was this considered "dumping"? Have any of you had this kind of experience. Is brocolli really a bad choice? (Although I don't plan to try it again any time soon!) It kind of scared me because I wasn't sure what was happening. I feel fine this morning...just a little weak and shakey. Since I'm just over 8 months out, I was really surprised to have this kind of reaction. Guess it can happen anytime, huh? Gail D. 252/155/140 -97
deeno
on 4/5/05 1:52 am - Kokomo, IN
I haven't had this experience. I have gotten sick when I don't chew well, or if I eat too fast or drink too fast--even water. But then I'm sick immediately--within 20 minutes at most. Plus, once I up-chuck, I'm instantly better. Literally as soon as I flush, I'm normal again. Two hours later.....I really don't know. I know that broccoli can make people gassy through digestion, and maybe your little pouchy was getting bloated which caused the pain and vomiting. Although dumping can include vomiting and feeling shakey, and can be different for many people, I don't know that this was dumping since it happened 2 hours down the road. But then again, what the heck do I know? *wink* I think I've dumped, but my experiences weren't that bad. My heart races a little, and that's about it. And it doesn't happen every time. You might try "bean-o" when you eat broccoli again--might help. Diana
Tanja Y
on 4/5/05 4:15 am - Wahiawa, HI
Sounds like gas to me. I eat brocolli and cauliflower several times a week, never had that reaction~but I do get gassy. ~Tanja 448/287/148
Sue G.
on 4/5/05 4:19 pm - Aurora, NE
I've eaten broccolli several times but only a few bites at a time. Then the last time I ate it I ended up up chucking it also I don't know if I ate more than usual of it or it just didn't agree with me that time or what??? I don't think I was dumping tho. Must be something with broccolli I guess? I will try it again just not very much. Sue
Vivi *.
on 4/5/05 7:52 pm - clermont, FL
the 1st thought in my mind was "gas", I had the same exerience w/ diet soda, well, let me tell you, not having it again, "EVER"! If you experience that again, just take some chewable gaz-x and you will be fine. dumping, in my opinion, is very different from what you described. "beer" Vivi
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views