I'm totally freaking out!! Need help!!

Jessica D.
on 4/4/05 5:41 am - Two Harbors, MN
Hello all, sorry so long since I've posted but I'm really busy at work... Recently it seems like my eating has been out of control, I just don't know what to do to gain control and I've gained 3lbs. Today at lunch I was able to eat an entire lean cusine, 8oz. by myself!!! Has my pouch stretched? Is it all over for me? I super upset and I don't know what to do, it seems like all I ever do is eat and eat!! Help me please, I want the hunger to go away!! Jessica 276/160/130 119- lost 3+gained
iowedad2
on 4/4/05 6:50 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/07/04 with
Jessica, My eating has increased too. I am able to eat a frozen dinner like lean cuisine too. I don't think the pouch is stretching (i've asked the dr about this) and they said that the pouch is suppose to expand when you eat. I bet if you were to measure the food after it was chewed that it would be between a cup and a cup 1/2 - which is normal. I am currently at a plateau but I know its my fault because I've been eating carbs like crazy and i'm not taking enough protein (which I'm changing). I wouldn't stress about it too much. My Nutrionist told me not to focus so much on how much I am loosing now but how many inches that I am loosing. Best of luck Jaime
dana W.
on 4/4/05 11:40 am - fort worth, tx
Yeah, i've notice to that i can eat alot now.. that's one reason i'm starting my liquid diet to jump start my weight loss again. Shoot the other week i ate 4 huge cookies oatmeal i was crushed and cldnt believe i cld eat all that..and lately i've been eating cheetos balls like crazy buying them by the can. So now i know its time for a change ,, i plan to lose 20 pds this month b4 may. or by may 2nd. So i hope tomorrow i can get up to go to the gym to get on the treadmill and the bike.. good luck everyone,,, we all need it dana
on my W.
on 4/4/05 9:54 am - Canada
Well hello Jessica, I hear frustration in your voice so I had to respond. We are just 2 days apart as surgery buddies and we are at almost the identical weight loss...117 for me.....Now..so what if you can eat an 8 oz lean cuisine dinner....that is normal. You are doing such a great job and you are like the rest of us...things are slowing down as we get closer to goal. It is suppose to be that way and we knew that was the normal pattern before we had this surgery. You are normal !!! Well except that you have done an amazing job with 119 lost so far....way to go. Are you getting your water...your protein....your vitamins...and exercise??????????? If the answer is yes to all of the above (and I know the answer is often no for me when I analyse it) then just keep enjoying life and you will be at goal before you know it. Take care... Karen 290 - 173- 145
deeno
on 4/5/05 12:03 am - Kokomo, IN
People who diet to lose weight (with out WLS) also slow down as they approach goal. Don't worry about the Lean Cuisine meal. There is nothing abnormal about eating one of those meals at this stage. Try to add to or just change your exercise routine. Might help take your mind off of food, plus help with your weight loss. Even if you already exercise, change what you're doing. It will make new muscles work, and also make your brain kick into gear and think about new things. Also, try eating "denser" foods. The Lean Cuisines go down pretty easy. A chicken breast is still a little more challenging/filling for my pouch. Softer foods pass through quicker, making some of us hungrier sooner, or even able to eat more at one sitting. Good luck--you'll get there. It's good that you are concerned and watching it. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views