Swimsuit shopping

Monna W.
on 4/3/05 7:11 am - Susanville, CA
I've been reading the posts about some of you shopping for swimming suits and bikinis and felt so happy for you. Next Thursday my DH and I have to go to Sacramento for doctor's appointment and the motel where we stay has a wonderful spa. My husband asked me if I was going to take a swimming suit so we could go to the spa. I haven't owned one for many years and it has been longer since I actually wore one. My daughter and I went to Wal-Mart today and she told me I should look for a suit. I found three that were sized that I could possibly wear. They all fit, but one looked pretty good and I bought it. It is a size 22 which doesn't sound so wonderful compared to what some of you are wearing, but it is so much smaller than I have worn in a swimming suit in over over 20 years and I am ecstatic. Monna 389/252 (-137)
us2bfat C.
on 4/3/05 7:50 am - selden, NY
sounds good to me i am so proud of all my july peeps and love to hear storys such as yours.....woooooooo hoooooooo....and might i add i went into your profile and saw your pics you look absoulutely marvolous so much happier in your after shot then in your before shot....... i am going to have a great summmer i cant wait.... my hat goes off to you and your success woweeeeee!!!!!!!! Stacy -90
Monna W.
on 4/4/05 2:14 pm - Susanville, CA
Thanks, Stacy. You look so good and are so close to your goal. I'm going to have a great summer, if it ever gets here--we had snow this morning. Monna
Sherri_B
on 4/3/05 9:29 am - washington, MO
CONGRATS TO YOU ... It isnt the size that counts its the pounds we are losing . now you get that suit on and strut your stuff
Danelle72
on 4/3/05 11:02 am - Las Vegas, NV
Heya Sherri, I was looking at your pictures. Can I just say WOW You look so good. I had to show my hubby. I told him how many kid's you have and he couldn't believe it. You really look amazing. You are so beautiful. Keep up the great work you sexy woman you. Luv Danelle
Monna W.
on 4/4/05 2:16 pm - Susanville, CA
I don't know about strutting, but I'll be out there!! Monna
scholarmama
on 4/3/05 10:40 am - Hemet, CA
Monna... I wish I could find one that I liked on me... The funny thing for me is that at 388lbs... i wore whatever and didnt care what other people thought... now that I am 225 I am stressin over all the loose skin I have between my legs... Go figure... Congrats on gettin a new suit... and as for sizes... for pants I still wear 18-22's depending on brand and cut... so size is never an issue here Loni -163
Monna W.
on 4/4/05 2:20 pm - Susanville, CA
Loni, Like you, when I was 389 I wore whatever I could get into and now that hanging skin on my thighs bugs the daylights out of me. My swimsuit has a little skirt that hides some of the loose skin. I guess when this all over I'll need tucks every where to take care of all this excess skin. Monna
Sue G.
on 4/3/05 4:58 pm - Aurora, NE
When my husband had his WLS I stayed at a motel close by and brought my suit ( size 20) it was wonderful. I love to swim but haven't in a long time (becuz i was too embarrassed to put on a suit!! ) I have the loose skin in my upper inside thighs and a wore swim shorts with my suit it worked great and I loved it. Even took my grandaughter swimming when she and her mom came to visit grandpa. I feel thin at size 20 and am very comfortable at the weight I am now. Enjoy the spa !!!! .. Sue
Monna W.
on 4/4/05 2:26 pm - Susanville, CA
My suit has a little skirt with it that kind of hides some of the loose skin. I'm trying not to worry about it. I plan to enjoy myself. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views