Cold Medications???

IrishIze
on 3/31/05 10:48 pm - NJ
I feel like I'm coming down with a doozy of a cold. My son had it last week and ended up with severe bronchitis. Anyone know what kind of cold meds we can take? Hugs, Nancy -105
Cyndi S.
on 3/31/05 10:55 pm - Springfield, OH
Nancy, My doctor prescribes allegraD when I've got bronchitis. Our pediatrician recommends benedryl allergy since it doesn't have the side effects of increasing heart rate/blood pressure. On the down side, it will make you sleepy. Hope you're feeling better soon Cyndi
Sunny
on 4/1/05 1:05 am - Sunny, FL
Hey Nancy, I would defiantly recommend the Benadryl it will make you sleepy but in a day you will feel so much better.... Hope this helps..... Cecilia 250/144/134 soon
Irene S.
on 4/1/05 2:16 am - NJ
I use(d) Nyquil with no problems. It contains an antihistamine, decongestant, non-aspirin pain reliever and alcohol. The alcohol didn't bother my pouch. I only used it at night. During the day, I used a decongestant and tylenol - Sudafed. The decongestants don't usually make ya drowsy like the antihistamines do. I'm sure you could also do something like TheraFlu or if you have a lot of coughing, you could take Mucinex. You want to be sure to avoid things that contain aspirin, advil, aleve, etc. Hope you feel better soon! irene
JustHat
on 4/1/05 3:01 am - NM
Nancy, I was going to post the same question. I have a head cold with a killer headache. Nyquil at least knocks me out so I can't feel it. But, this morning the headache was so bad that nothing is helping. Oh and like yours, this is a gift from my kids. It isn't exactly what I was hoping for for my birthday. Hope you feel better soon. Hat
us2bfat C.
on 4/1/05 8:14 pm - selden, NY
i use alka seltzer plus cold its a miracle drug i just wait for it to fizzle out and boom im fixed!!!!!!!!! Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views