Running Bras?

Cyndi S.
on 3/31/05 10:44 pm - Springfield, OH
Does anyone have a source for a good running bra? I've tried on several at the department stores, but I'm a 34 DD and most of the smaller band sizes don't work for larger than C. I've checked Victoria's Secret, but their largest is 34D, and what's really scary is that if you're at 32, it goes down to A/B! I want to start running again now that the weight is gone and I won't crash my knees, but I need support. Thanks for any help, Cyndi 257/164/130
Irene S.
on 4/1/05 2:20 am - NJ
Don't have experience with running bras. I am a DD and I use Wacoal bras. But this looks like a great sport bra. http://www.enell.com/#
Cyndi S.
on 4/1/05 9:35 pm - Springfield, OH
Thanks for the web site. There are some retailers within an hour of home, so I can try the fit. And if Oprah recommends them, they must be great! Cyndi
JustHat
on 4/1/05 3:21 am - NM
When I was still an H cup, I had the worst time trying to find something to support me someone finally suggested wearing two bras. I didn't think there was a chance in the world that it would work. But, to my surprise, it did. You might want to try it. I have had the worst luck finding any bras that fit. I am now a 32DD. Last month, I took my kids, my parents and myself to Walmart and we went through the whole department. I was able to find 3 styles in my size. One was a jogging bra. But, I wear it at night because it just doesn't have the support I need during the day when I am moving around. I know it wouldn't work for jogging. Also, I think there is a brand called "Curves" that is for larger chested/smaller ribbed women. I found one at Ross. Sorry, I don't know how makes them. Try this. I searched by size and 6 pages came up. Some of them are sports bras. Even if you don't order from here, you'll know what brand to look for. www.barenecessities.com/catalog.asp?drv=&nxs=31&size=916&source=googlea&term=32dd+bra>se=GOOG>kw=32dd%20bra Hat
Cyndi S.
on 4/1/05 9:31 pm - Springfield, OH
Thanks for the help. I never thought that losing weight would bring problems finding clothes! Cyndi
Patty D.
on 4/2/05 3:21 am - St James, NY
First off congrats on getting back to running, it's a great way to keep the pounds off and the mind in check. As far as running bras I would reccomend going to Road Runner Sports or Activa, two sites that have a large selection of supportive bras in many sizes. I personally favor the Champion double dry model. My girls are are not quite D's, I was blessed with more of a tush than a bust The fabric is great as far as keeping you from chaffing and support is fine for my 36C's. Good Luck, run on!!!! Patty
deeno
on 4/2/05 11:21 pm - Kokomo, IN
I like Title 9 stuff. A little advice for sports bras---I usually wear my regular bra under my sports bra and fing that support to be the best. If I just wear the sports bra alone, "the girls" seem to want to fall out the bottom. When I wear the two bra system, I'm rock solid--no jiggle, no wiggle, no slippage. Try it. I won't play sports without them, and I play a lot of sports. Diana
Cyndi S.
on 4/3/05 6:04 am - Springfield, OH
Diana, Thanks, the two bra system I think will do it. Falling out was exactly what some of the styles were causing! I just remember before kids that a good sports bra flattened everything to my ribs and there was absolutely no way anything was going anywhere. How things change!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views