Plateau Buster-

MarinaS
on 3/29/05 3:27 pm - Small Town, WA
Copied this from main board -- makes sense: Plateau Buster- #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily.
IrishIze
on 3/29/05 9:37 pm - NJ
Thanks Marina. I saw this once before and saved a copy. Looking at it, I realize that it would probably be a real struggle for me to stick to that!! When I think back to the first few months post-op, I would have thought there was no way I could eat that much!! It's amazing how much things have changed in the past couple of months!! Hugs, Nancy -105
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/05 10:45 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I also copied this...last week, in fact. As soon as I copied it, five pounds disappeared. But if I get stuck again for a couple of weeks, I think I'm going to give it a shot. It does look like a pretty boring menu, though. I don't know if I could handle it more than a day or two. But who knows...maybe a day or two is all I would need. Pamela -92 on a good day (today not being a good day)
MinnieMia
on 3/30/05 10:31 pm - SC
IT WORKS!!! I wasn't technically on a plateau last month but I had lost & gained the same 4 pounds all month. I knew I had gotten lazy with my food choices so I decided to do this thing. I weighed 157.6 last Wednesday...same thing I weighed on 2/26. This morning I weighed 150.6! It's really not bad if you get creative. Last night I had a tbsp or so of FF refried beans, some chicken and an ounce of LF cheese. I don't usually eat much fish but I'm trying, so I went to a great upscale grocery here and picked up some wild king salmon, 2 beautiful pork chops (butterflied and were still 1 1/2" thick!) and some bay scallops to cook up. I also picked up some lentils, chickpeas, split peas and some other legumes that I cooked in chicken broth. I portioned those in appropriate sizes and froze them for mix'n'match meals. I have really been quite satisfied with 1/4 cup of meat/fish and 1 (sometimes I got 2) tablespoons of legumes on the side. I DO miss my fresh fruits and veggies but I'll take 7 pounds in a week any day! I've been doing 3 liters (a little over 3 quarts) of water a day and it really helps! Also Dannon low carb yogurt smoothies with a scoop of protein in it to take my vites & to help boost the protein. I love this thing. I was going nuts by the 3rd day but I settled into it and I'm thinking about going another 10 days. Food has so much less appeal and that's what I want!!! It has turned into fuel instead of a "meal". That's good for me. I can't believe the difference it's made in my clothes, too. Can't wait to measure Saturday! Hope it works as well for y'all as it has for me if you decide to try it! MM 262/251/150.6/130 7/13/05
deeno
on 3/30/05 11:22 pm - Kokomo, IN
I think if anyone is screamming to use the plateau buster it's me. I've lost 10 pounds since Thanksgiving. I'm still stuck at 210, but I did start some new "goals" and I hope that it helps. I weigh and measure myself tomorrow (4/1) to see if I've changed in size at all--I ususally shrink a little each month, even if my weight stays the same. Weird. I'll start this "buster" on Monday. I'm going out this weekend (the Women's Final Four basketball tournament is in Indy--will be awesome!). I hate that "I'll start my diet on Monday" thing, but I really don't want to worry about what I'm eating this weekend. I'll watch it and use caution, no splurging, only sensible choices. Then, Monday, the real fun begins. Diana
winniepooh2
on 3/31/05 1:44 pm - Trail, Canada
I am going to give this a shot to see if it can help me break out of my sugar/chocholate craving kick right now. There seems to be lots of food there. Eating 5X a day... which is what I do instead of three.... I just can't go from 11:00 am to 2:00 am (yeah that is typed right) with out 5 or 6 meals. And I get so hungry at night.... and before surgery I wasn't like that. Here goes nothing. I gained 10 pounds over the last 2 weeks eating chocholate alone. Christy M.
Cyndi S.
on 3/31/05 10:29 pm - Springfield, OH
Marina, Thanks for this post, but where were you a month ago? lol I was afraid that I was done losing, but recently broke through my plateau. I'm glad to see water at the top of the list. It's something that's easy to ignore, but I really think it made a difference for me. Best of luck to you, Cyndi 257/164/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views