Meds/Vitamins Question

LTruesdale1980
on 3/29/05 3:38 am - Orange Grove, TX
I am having financial issues with all the medical crap that is going on plus the city I work for does not feel their employees deserve raises this year. All so that the city council can have a raise and new chairs. Anyway, my meds/vitamins are over $200 a month. . .that is with my insurance co-pay. My general doctor sent me to someone that could help with my meds but I have insurance. Does anyone know of a way that those with insurance, that need the help with meds, can get help? I am "stretching" or just not taking them because I cannot afford them. I know that is a no-no but what else can I do if I cannot buy them. Lisa
deeno
on 3/29/05 4:08 am - Kokomo, IN
Just curious.....what vitamins are you taking? I take Viactive for calcium (no, I will not get into the whole calcium citrate debate--surgon and dieticians say to take Viactives), a multivitamin (generic OTC), and a vitamin B shot. I think I spend in the neighborhood of $10 a month. If it is your meds that are so pricy, you might look into buying them in Canada. I haven't done this myself, but I know of many older adults who have done it because of the crappy Medicare reimbursement--it was cheaper to buy in Canada. I personally bought meds from Europe once (they were fertiltiy drugs) and I saved ~ $1000.00. Diana
LTruesdale1980
on 3/31/05 2:39 am - Orange Grove, TX
hmmm never thought about that. . .where can we get them in Canada? Lisa
IrishIze
on 3/30/05 1:10 am - NJ
Lisa, that seems like an awful lot to send on vitamins!! Are you taking a lot of prescription meds? I probably spend about $10 per month on vitamins, so I don't really know about any agencies that might help. Hope you can get it resolved soon, and be very careful about which meds / vitamins you're stretching. Your health and nutrition are very important! Perhaps you can speak to your doctor and see if there is a generic or some other plan that s/he can suggest. Hugs, Nancy -105
LTruesdale1980
on 3/31/05 2:34 am - Orange Grove, TX
My vitamins only cost $13 . .protein supplement is $30. . the needles and B12 is like $25 a year. But, I have 6 other prescriptions and that is where it goes high. Only one of those meds is able to be generic. . .which I do that when Ican. Lisa
MinnieMia
on 3/30/05 10:57 pm - SC
WOW. I thought my vites were spendy! I pay $144 every 3 months for bariatric vitamins: multi, calcium citrate, iron, & CoQ10. I have to take Protonix for an ulcer so that adds $10 a month but I can live with that. It's a total of $58 a month. And like I said, those are the pricy specially formulated bariatric vites. Is it your vitamins that are costing so much or your regular meds? My aunt winters in Texas and buys a lot of her meds from Mexico...it's a thought, anyway... Sorry you're having such trouble! MM 262/251/150.6/130 7/13/04
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views