Confessions of a Food Junkie....

IrishIze
on 3/27/05 12:40 am - NJ
Thank you all for your support and understanding. I guess one of my problems is trying to be perfect at things, and really beating myself up when I'm not. I stay away from people, too ashamed to admit my failure. I'm going to work on realizing that no one is perfect, and all we can do is try our best, one day at a time. Hugs, (and love) Nancy -105
GailD
on 3/27/05 3:54 am - Racine, WI
Hi Nancy, I was wondering where you were last week! Even though I don't post much, I'm always lurking! Sorry to hear you had such a struggle...but WOW -- you should be proud of the way you've pulled yourself back together! -105 lbs. is AWESOME! We all have struggles with this new lifestyle -- you should never be embarrassed or ashamed to come on this board and share -- that's why we're here! As I've said before, I've always appreciated your support from this board -- you're doing great! Don't be so hard on yourself (leave that to the rest of the world!) Gail D. 252/159/140 -93
bunnymorris
on 3/27/05 12:37 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Hey, Sweetie! I always look for your posts! You give so much support to us and now it is our turn. Good for you for taking control and getting it together. That takes strength! What is done is done. Learn from it, forget it and try to not use that negative self talk (hard for me). Just praise yourself for getting out of it and move on. Proud of you for pulling yourself up and going. Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day with you in control, loving yourself, and knowing we love you! Take it easy! Love, Bunny
jcordell
on 3/28/05 12:39 am - TX
Nancy, my friend...I am so glad that you are back! I'm sorry you had such a rough time last week! The important thing is, you've pulled yourself together and reclaimed control of your life. Remember that we're all here for you, just as you've been for us in the past. Keep smiling and keep the faith! All the love, Jeff -110
MarinaS
on 3/29/05 2:56 pm - Small Town, WA
Nancy, I always look for your posts, because we had surgery the same day. You have done so well so far. I think we set our expectations for ourselves too high. I still need to work on this too. Because we set them too high we also set ourselves up for failure. We all have addictive nature or we would not be where we ended up. My recommendation for you is to up your water intake and your protein shakes. This should get you away from the carb addiction and help to jump start your weight loss again. At least you do not have to loose as much as myself. I still have another hundred pounds to go. Even if I do not make my goal I feel so much better. I do not go by my weight loss, but rather take one day at a time. This surgery is not easy-- it is very hard work. The easy thing would have been to continue to die slowly from overweight. You will get a handle on it again and stay on track. At least you know what your trigger foods are. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views