Positivity is key!

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/05 10:32 am - Somewhere Else
Hey Tara!!!!! You know, I enjoyed when I typed out my bio for my reunion page and I added...*I'm sure most of you don't remember me, but those who do probably remember how fun it was to make fun of me...to all of you, thank you, you made me who I am today!* We are the product of our pasts...and we can't live with regrets. I love who I am and appreciate everything I had been through to get me here. And you know what...I will only get better with age You're one of the beautiful women Tara...keep seeing that! I'm sure sometime I'll add more to my profile, I have been through so much...and sharing it is good for me as well as those who can read it and take something from it.... Luv and hugs! Linda 268/155
JackieF
on 3/23/05 1:53 pm - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Linda, I think you look great!! Thank you for sharing with us. I have to update my profile. I am behind in entries and updated pictures. I am still working on changing my attitude. Ihave had no self esteem in the past. I think my relationship with my husband (of 6 years) helped give a boost to my self esteem, but I definately can say that having the gastric bypass surgery has started to give me more confidence in myself. I am smaller than I was the day I got married. My problem right now with being positive has to be worked on. I have lost 95 lbs, but because I have the hanging skin around my stomach, I still feel big. That is something that I am working on getting past. Its hard to feel like you have a tire around your stomach. All our firends on the July board are great at helping each other. I hope I can be of some help somehow to you all. Thank you, Jackie 289/194/150?
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/05 8:01 pm - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Jackie!!! Thank you so much, I feel great too! You know, keeping your profile up to date can help with how you're feeling too, use it as an online journal of not just your weight loss, but your feelings too. Changing one's attitude can be a very long and difficult road to go down, but in the end it's more than worth it. You have to look at the good things in life and keep looking at them. We've all had and will have the bad from time to time...but if we make sure that the good is more prominent then we win! I have that skin issue too. I'd be 2-3 sizes smaller if it wasn't for that...BUT the way I see it...I'd rather have the loose skin than to have the 113 pounds back!!! I'm a tiny bit bigger now than I was in HS (and 1.5" shorter...) and you know what...I look a damned sight better now!!!!! You keep working on that positivity, it'll come! Only one person can make it happen, and that's YOU! We're all here for you...I think it's great how we've all been able to be so supportive of one another, and I hope we continue to do so, even long after we've all reached our goals. Take care...big hugs! Linda 268/155
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views