Positivity is key!

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/05 11:40 pm - Somewhere Else
Hi Gang... I just added an update to my profile...somewhat like a diary entry. It's a little personal, but it tells a little more about me and where I've been... I hope, that if anyone decides to read it, that maybe they come out of it with a little inspiration maybe...things can and do get better, but only if we MAKE them better. I was inspired to write it after being reminded of what I went through in an online relationship (thanks to Tonya's post on the main board) and how I finally changed my attitude about myself... Anyhow ... have a great day everyone... Linda 268/155
us2bfat C.
on 3/23/05 12:11 am - selden, NY
Wow linda you are totally awesome i have a past as well... i was a drop down drag out street walking junkie i shot heroin for the better part of 10 yrs.... just 7 short years ago with a felony record as well..... when i finally got clean and sober with the help of A.A. i was coming up on close to 7th anniversary and i was ready to eat a bullet.... you see when i put down the drugs and alcohol i picked up food and began eating like i used to use drugs and alcohol wreckless..... needless to say i tried to diet and diet and nothing helped ....i still supported and helped many people in the program to try to take the focus off myself but it always came back to me and my self torturing ways....... anyway i made the decision to have the surgery and with that i applied the 12 steps of A.A. into my surgery life as well... i also allowed people to treat me like sh**T and i treated myself the same way.... but now today i am woman hear me ROAR!!! i have taken care of my drug addiction and working a day at a time on my food addiction and im a happy camper.... not sure why im writing all this but i guess its just to get everyone to get to know me better i am no longer a prisoner to drugs and alcohol and thanks to this sugery i am no longer a stress eater.... so im joining you in reflection i guess? and at this time i want to thank you for sharing your story with us and thanks for being a huge support of my wls i look forward to hearing from you on the boards.... you have all become like family to me..... i am posting this in hopes that maybe i can help someone else that suffers from addiction of any form and for you guys to get to know me better i hope you all have a wonderful day and take care!!!!!! if anyone needs to chat or talk i am always available you can email me whenever [email protected] Stacy -90 something
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/05 12:31 am - Somewhere Else
Hey Stacy!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words... They mean a lot to me! You should be VERY proud of yourself for all your achievements! I think it is wonderful how you've been able to turn your life around. It's normal to trade one addiction for another when you are fighting to give something up, especially something that you are physically addicted to such as drugs. I am proud of you, you have been down a very rough road and managed to pull yourself up out of the troubles you were in, I applaud you! I could have typed till my fingers fell off when I was writing all that in my profile, but I figured I'd have to save some for later, LOL, otherwise people would get bored and not read through it . It's a great thing when we can take our experiences and not only turn our lives around, but use what we've learned to help others...it's my goal to be there for people, to support them and help them realise that positivity is the ONLY way to go! Keep reminding yourself of where you've been, it will only help you continue to get to better places Luv and hugs!!!!! Linda 268/155
JackieF
on 3/23/05 2:01 pm - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Stacy, I can't thank you enough for becoming my friend!! You are helping me to become more self confident and I feel truly blessed to know you and your family. Thank you for making my family a part of your family. I know I need to become more positive and remember that hopefully this tire around my stomach will be surgically removed. I will work on being more positive of the weight I have lost and not negative about my body or the weight I still have to lose. Thank you again so much!!! Love, Jackie 289/194/150?
us2bfat C.
on 3/24/05 8:38 pm - selden, NY
Jackie your the bomb digity and i feel exacley the same way love you girlie Stacy
GailD
on 3/23/05 2:17 am - Racine, WI
Linda and Stacy, Thanks for sharing your personal stories. You both should be very proud of your accomplishments -- it takes alot of spirit and determination to overcome the things that life throws at us! I'm so proud of every single person on our July message board. Every one of us is a success! I may not post all that often, but when I do, I can always count on the two of you (and Nancy, too!) to send me a reply. I really appreciate the support and am inspired by your positive attitudes! I tend to be one of those people whose glass is "half full" -- not "half empty". I just told someone yesterday how awesome it is to come onto the July website and be able to share with people who are experiencing the same frustrations and triumphs as I am. It's so cool to think back to where we all started...and where we are now. I am SO HAPPY I had this surgery! Living life as a "normal-sized" person is so much easier!! Thanks again for always being there! Gail D. 252/159/140 -93!
us2bfat C.
on 3/23/05 2:35 am - selden, NY
its funny cause being there for other people for me is a breeze i never think about i just do it even after being burned i still wear my heart on my sleeve. the hard part is being there for myself and with the help of all you guys on this site its getting easier and easier since i have had the surgery i have refered a handful of people to my surgeon or given advice about whether or not to have surgery or something like that now mind you the only advice i can give is through my own experience strength and hope...... thanks again everyone for being there for me and helping me love myself again my heart goes out to all Stacy -90 something
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/05 2:46 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Gail!!! Life sure does hand us a load, doesn't it Obesity is just one issue that I have had to deal with, it is the one issue that we all have in common here Although my other problems didn't even stem from that. It still amazes me when I look back at my life, although being obese was a problem, my self-esteem issues and depression etc...came into being long before I became obese...and as I said, thankfully I was able to turn that all around before I had the surgery...I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't. Now I can act as insane as I always have, but instead of people laughing AT me, they now laugh with me (I hope they're laughing with me...) I feel so much more free to be ME! I'm glad that our stories were able to inspire you...I know that is my goal in life If I had my way, everyone would be happy, all the time Take care...and keep smiling... Linda 268/155
Tara118
on 3/23/05 8:50 am - Trenton, OH
WOW..WOW...WOW Stacy and Linda!! You guys are so great and you always prove it. I too have made so many changes. Since July I had the surgery, left my husband, moved and changed jobs. I relaized for the first time in my life it is about ME!! I don't know if I have ever allowed it to be about ME. I allowed my soon-to-be ex to be a real jerk to me. I also allowed others to be not so nice either. I was at my lowest of lows and I NEVER want to go back again. Sometimes I feel like I am slowly digging out of my old life into my new one. Nothing is perfect but this is good. I started taking a dance class and I looked at myself in the full length mirror and for the first time I though "I look pretty damn good". I agree that positivity is the key!! We have all been given blessing in our life. Everything happens for a reason. I have learned from all my past mistakes and will take them all and apply them to my life now. I Love you all!! Tara 305/186/170 Truly Blessed with loosing -119 and with the most amazing 4 yr old daughter.
us2bfat C.
on 3/23/05 10:19 am - selden, NY
i agree tara you do look good and i can always count on you for a kind word or post to brighten my day keep smiling and keep up the good work Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views