Spring Fling Challenge

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/05 6:39 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
It's obvious that I'm not going to make the Easter Challenge. It sucks, but I'll just have to move on. I think that our next challenge should be for the ENTIRE spring season. But instead of numbers, let's focus on habits. What goals do YOU want to meet before the first day of summer? 1) Formal exercise Monday through Friday, informal exercise (shopping/gardening/bike riding) Saturday and Sunday 2) Up the intensity of formal workouts. Lengthen cardio portion of workout as well as add incline and speed. Add weight to strength training portion and learn how to use free weights. 3) Make drinking lots of water a habit, not a chore. 4) Take ALL vitamins EVERY day. 5) Log all meals EVERY day, with a focus on keeping protein high and varying the amount of calories between 800 and 1200, depending on what works best. Okay, these are my five goals...what are YOURS? Pamela -87
deeno
on 3/21/05 10:03 pm - Kokomo, IN
My goal for Easter was to lose 10 pounds. I have lost 0. I agree that a process oriented goal (instead of a number oriented goal) would be better for me also. At least if I do all of my goals, I will feel better about myself, and if I lose a little weight, well, that's a bonus. 1. walk 2 times a week for the first 2 weeks 2. walk 3 times a week for the next 2+ weeks 3. monitor food intake and make better choices (less sweets, less "junk", more nutritional value--fruits and veggies, too). 4. limit going out to dinner to 1 x every 2 weeks 5. Stop weighing myself every day. I will only weigh myself on Monday mornings. This will be the hardest for me to do. So, we'll "officially" start on the day after Easter....how about ending on Memorial Day? We can start a new challenge then. Good luck to all! Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views