Projected weightloss????

Denise Johnson
on 3/20/05 3:56 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO
Hi everybody, I have a question that I was hoping to get input on. Before I had the surgery,my doctor said my projected weightloss would be at 75% of my excess weight-from the surgery itself.The rest would be up to me.Okay, right now, I am at 75% at 8 months out. I have been at 175 so far this whole month .Is it possible I may be finished losing? I was stuck on a plateau from the beginning of December until the end of January. From the end of January to the beginning of March I lost 19 pounds. Another plateau maybe? Any input would be appreciated. Denise (278/270/175/145???)
Traci K.
on 3/20/05 5:47 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hi Denise. I've wondered this myself, as I've lost 83% of my excess weight. But even though I'm losing slowly - about 1 lb per week - I am still losing, and that does add up. I suppose it's possible that you're done, but if you really wanted to lose the excess I guess you could kick up the exercise a bit to get it off. I don't remember if my surgeon told me I would lose all of my excess or not. I know if varies a lot from person to person, so maybe he didn't and I just read something about it. My personal opinion is that I would rather lose 83% and keep that off and remain stable, than to lose 100%, then regain. KWIM? I think regaining any weight would freak me out!! But that's just me and my opinion.
rdt1130
on 3/20/05 9:27 pm - Bristol, TN
My doctor gave me a goal of 210, well of course my goal is way under that, I think they give you a goal much higher than you cn achive, that is considered a "success" in their perspective surgically, but being 8 months out I can tell you I still have 45-50 more lbs I want to lose and its getting hrder all the time and taking alot more effort on my part..You can do it, step up that excersise, and about stopping I have been at a stall for about 3 weeks but I do this all the time I have not been a constant loser since 2 wks out from my surgery I will lose 7-10lbs in like a couple dasy then nothing for 2-3 weeks I have done this the whole time...weird but I am down 100lbs...so as long as it comes off I dont cre how it does it. Rebecca 318/218/175
brandnewmw30
on 3/21/05 10:12 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
Girl you look absolutely wonderful!!!!!: We started at about the same weight and are losing it at the same rate. Keep up the good work and does't it feel great? Teneaha 319/210/175
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/05 11:37 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Despite my being a slow loser, having lost less than 50% of my excess weight so far, my surgeon and dietician feel that I should lose at LEAST 150 lbs (75%) without too much of a struggle (HA!). They both also agreed that to reach a healthy BMI of between 135 and 150, I would have to work for it, but that it was also quite possible to achieve. I guess we'll find out! And don't feel bad...I've only lost 9 lbs since the first of January, too. A lot of us are getting stuck right now. Try altering your workout schedule...maybe that will help. That's what my goal is for this week. Pamela -87
threegetts
on 3/21/05 12:34 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Hi Denise, My surgeon told me something similar - but what he said was that after five years out from surgery his patients (on average) have lost and maintained 75 - 80% of their excess weight. He said that losing all or most of my excess was up to me but that the last 15% was going to be just like before surgery - working really hard at it. I have hit several plateau's along the way too and have noticed that when I come out of one now the weight loss is going slow - about 1 - 2 lbs per week. But I'm so happy with what I've already achieved that I'm willing to work at these last 12 pounds and if they never come off - I'm a happy camper just where I am. Maintenance will be interesting...... I hope this helps you. Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views