Metabolism Boosters

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/05 12:05 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Last night, I was up late doing an internet search on ways to boost the metabolism. Most things that popped up were pills and other gimmicks. I did find some information at the Mayo Clinic and Web MD. Of course, this is all information we already know, but here are some tips to boost your metabolism. 1. Don't fast or skip meals. 2. Drink water. 3. Tone up. 4. Get moving. 5. Watch those calories. Web MD said that exercise is really the BEST way to get your metabolism moving. DUH! The Mayo Clinic claims that having a slow metabolism is actually a rare thing. Hmmm...tell THAT to the scale! My dietician said that many gyms have a "metabolism" calculator, where you breathe into an expensive machine to find out how many calories you are burning at rest. It turns out that Bally's has this machine, and for $50, ANYONE can take the test, non-members and members both. If you're interested, check out their website. ANYWAY...I posted this because I find it both reassuring and frustrating. I am doing those things to boost my metabolism, so eventually, it's going to work, right? That's what's reassuring. What frustrates me is that I'm already doing this, and it's NOT working, and there's really not much else that the medical world feels we can do about it. At any rate, I will keep doing what I'm doing. Okay, maybe I'll work on tha****er thing Pamela -87
Traci K.
on 3/18/05 4:49 am - Sullivan, MO
Thanks for the info Pamela!!
IrishIze
on 3/18/05 6:26 am - NJ
Thanks Pam! I really have to get back into the exercise. I haven't done anything in the past couple of weeks and I notice the difference in my slower weight loss. I've also heard that drinking cold water makes you burn more calories since your body has to warm up the water - how true this is, I don't really know. Regardless, every little bit helps!! Hugs, Nancy -104
Marcy B.
on 3/19/05 12:07 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Thanks Pam- I'll have to check that out at Bally's the next time I am there. I met with the trainer the other day and did water aerobics I loved it. No matter that I looked like Shamu..... they'll just have to get over it I guess. I'm hoping that the exercise will help my metabolism too...we'll have to see what happens. I am trying to do something every day. I saw my doctor yesterday and I was up 4lbs from my lowest weight ( 284 vs 280) but I think its because I've been constipated.... I know I am full of it...but what else is new? Anyway he said something that made me think. Some of us are Kleidsdales...and some of us are thoroughbreds. He said Kleidsdales just look silly if there are too thin!! Oh well...... and here I thought I was a thoroughbred filly!! Onward, and upward ( or should I say downward) , my friend.... we are on this slow journey together. Marcy -87 ( the 4lbs came off today...)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views