Am I in the wrong place?

JustHat
on 3/17/05 4:02 am - NM
I must be. I haven't been on much the last month. I had some time this morning and decided to catch up a little. I shocked at the little pictures next to the messages. Everyone looks so thin and happy and beautiful. Not that everyone wasn't beautiful before. But, the pride in everyone's eyes makes a world of difference. Hat
IrishIze
on 3/17/05 7:44 am - NJ
Hi Hat!!! Where have you been - I've missed you!! Hoping everything is going well with you, and hey, don't be a stranger!! Hugs, Nancy -103
JustHat
on 3/17/05 7:59 am - NM
We are still in the middle of a move. We have a house and our stuff finally came. But, now there are a zillion boxes to unpack. I still can't find my scale. With all of the stuff they broke, I wouldn't be surprised if it died an awful death. Hat
jcordell
on 3/17/05 10:00 am - TX
Hey Hat! Welcome back! I notice you're in New Mexico! What part? I lived in Albuquerque for two years before getting transferred to Utah and subsequently Nevada. I LOVED Albuquerque! It is by far my favorite place I've ever lived. I hope to get back there someday. Take care!
JustHat
on 3/17/05 11:53 am - NM
DH and I are both from NM. The military took us around the world. Now we are home. I was born in Albuquerque. And, I have been back there to live twice as an adult. We have moved to DH's home town, Aztec. I am trying to connect with both a WL surgeon and a plastic surgeon. I have about 5 more months of medical coverage. Hat
Monna W.
on 3/18/05 12:49 am - Susanville, CA
Hat, Good to hear from you. Glad you got moved all right and now you are in the wonderful part of the country. I was born in the Four Corners area and grew up in Albuquerque, but we lived in Farmington for 3 years when we were newlyweds. One of my children was born there. Good luck on your new life. You may have to look to Albuquerque for your surgeons, but Durango is growing like crazy with all the tourism, so there might be someone there. Youv'e seen a lot of our pictures, let us see you now that you have lost a lot of weight. We did miss you. Monna 389/258/150
JustHat
on 3/18/05 8:45 am - NM
Who knew this would be such a popular place. It feels so good to be home. I figure I will have to go to Albuquerque for AZ for my PS. I have heard about a great doc in Mesa. But, my mother wants me to find someone in Albuquerque so she can be there for me. And, I admit that I am looking forward to having her support this time around. It was hard not having her to talk to through my WLS. My biggest problem is finding someone that will take my insurance that is qualified to do a good job and will get me in soon. I think I mentioned that I have about 5 months before I don't have insurance. I also have to follow up on a lump I found in November in my breast during that time. And, the doc I saw the other day said a PS won't even touch me until I have another mamo. and US to clear my breast. Then there is the other side of the coin. My clothes look pretty good on me. And, a good bra hides how bad my breasts look. So, I have bene debating if I even want PS. I argue with myself about if I need to look good naked. Looking at myself naked really depresses me. When I didn't think I would have any medical coverage at all when DH was released from his job, I was so upset. Then when I found out I would have time to slip some PS in before we lost insurance, I was the happiest woman around. But, there is that voice that nags me and says that I am just being vane. And, am I really willing to risk something going wrong and move scars just to look good naked. Then I go to the bathroom and pull my skin up to see how my stomache would look and want it again. I really have debated more about this than I did for WLS. If I ever figure out what the movers did with my digital camera cords, I will upload a picture to share. Hat
threegetts
on 3/21/05 4:19 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Hi Hat! Welcome back to the Land of Enchantment! I just had my first consult with Dr. Jean Shimanek - plastic surgery. She has done a few other WLS patients and she is one of the two TriCare Prime Providers in Albuquerque. I really liked her bedside manner and she was very thorough in her examination and explanation of the surgery. If you need her number, let me know. There are no WL surgeons in the area anymore now that UNM hospital ceased allowing surgery at their facility. Is Aztec near Farmington? Somehow that's what I'm thinking, is that correct? Anyway, if you come to Albuquerque often, there is a good support group that meets on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month. The participants are pre and post ops from all different surgeons. Let me know if you need information about that as well. Also, if you want I can invite you to join our Yahoo group, I'd just need your e-mail address to do it. Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views