My Bad...!! Please beat me up!!!

NadineM
on 3/17/05 12:54 am - Vancouver, WA
Hello All, I have been so bad this past 1-2 months. I only lost 4 pounds last month (7 mo. since surgery) and this month a big FAT 0.....!!!!! I have NOT been working out like I was 3 days a week so I know that is part of it. But I took a temp job right now and I work weird hours 11:30-8:00PM so I do things around the house then go to work then come home tired go to bed! At this job even though it's a health concious company they have a vending machine and I am snacking on candy "yes" I said candy!!! Also chips and other goodies. I KNOW IT'S BAD .....but I'm stressed at this job and am looking for another.......I hope I can get back on track and I am totally not done loosing weight????????? On the other hand if I never lost another pound I AM SO GRATEFUL.....where I am but I still have 20-30 more pounds to goal. Have I stopped loosing or is it just my new bad habits???? Someone please kick my butt!!! Hopeless in Vancouver.......!!! Nadine 7/19/04 213/138/115??
Atima M.
on 3/17/05 1:39 am - St. Paul, MN
I feel everything that you said! I am in the same situation:o( I have been stuck at 215 for over a month now!! I feel so bad I dont know what to do! Its so hard making time to getting to the gym, with work, a husband and 3 kids plus getting off at 6pm. I just cant make it to the gym on most days. I am so addicted to peanut m&m's it ridiculous? What to do what to do? I figure its half good cause i get protien from the peanuts Atima 308/215/155 someday!
NadineM
on 3/19/05 10:31 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Atima, You are my surgery date sista.......I know the feeling....I LOVE M&M's I also know once you get off sugar for awhile you won't crave it as much. I will have to get my butt to work out at least 20 min. 3X a week I know I will feel better...thanks for your support and input! Best of luck to you too!! Nadine
IrishIze
on 3/17/05 4:03 am - NJ
Nadine, I've had my moments too - believe me. I have really had to take a good look at myself and decide if I want to go back to the miserable way I was, or do I want to continue to feel good about myself and feel healthy. Those cravings are awful sometimes, and I hear that fat girl inside (I named her Assy Anne ) telling me, "It's ok to eat that hunk of bread - you can get back on track tomorrow". Then tomorrow comes and Assy gets louder and stronger and more insistent. You know what, I just made a decision that I'm not listening to her. If I'm hungry I allow myself to eat, but I try and keep myself surrounded with healthier snacks. If I eat a lot of carbs, I find myself really craving them. If I stay away for a couple of days, I don't crave them as much. I only bring certain foods to work. I don't use the vending machines. I bring some turkey jerky or some yogurt or string cheese. If that's all I've got, that's all I'll eat. On those days when it seems all I think about is eating, I put a piece of turkey jerky in my mouth and chew that for about 20 minutes ~ that really helps. I load up on water as much as possible, and will drink a cup of caffeinated coffee, which I know some docs have banned for life, but it really helps curb my appetite. Find what works for you Nadine. Come here and ask for help when you feel out of control. Believe me, we've all been there, done that. You can always email me too if you want. Hang in there!! I'm sure you're not done with your journey yet; just pulled over to the side of the road for a bit! Hugs, Nancy -103
Tanja Y
on 3/17/05 2:49 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Great advice Nancy, I love the "You're not done with your journey yet; just pulled over to the side of the road for a bit" comment. That's where I was last week, pulled over and ideling. This week I pulled back onto the road and have lost 3 pounds; which is 2 more pounds then I'd lost in the previous 2 weeks. We all have to remember this is a journey, somedays we get lost and have to find our way back to the road; ignoring as best we can the billboards on the side of the road telling us to eat foods we know we shouldn't have. LOL ~Tanja 448/294/148
Sue G.
on 3/17/05 4:31 pm - Aurora, NE
I had a bad day at work today too!! They had a carry in for ST Patricks day. I tasted a little here and a little there! I work odd hours too 3:30 to Midnight. I bring my lunch and do not rely on vending machines. I bring snacks like string cheese .. small containers of low fat cottage cheese..sugar free jello and low fat lunch meats all full of protein. I also put crystal lite in bottles and add protein powders. I do the treadmill or ride my bike before I go to work. It's like falling off a horse you just get right back on and enjoy the ride !!! Tomorrow I'll be back in the saddle !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views