OT: I got the job!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/05 3:19 am - Somewhere Else
Well I didn't let myself get my hopes up about this job until I went in to meet the other owner..lol...although the boss had said he wanted me there and that his partner had told him, *if you like her THAT much, hire her!*.. Well I went in today to meet the partner and she loved me straight away She checked out my designing and bouquet making skills and loved that too! Funniest thing is how proud the other boss is of my weightloss accomplishment...I had told him about it during our face-to-face interview and since then he tells everyone...he's glowing when he tells them too he tells them how proud and impressed he is...and he just met me this week! (gotta love people like that) As long as I can improve my french (I have a problem speaking it, but I understand it perfectly)...I should do just fine...french is the one drawback to working here...you really need it and I have never been very good with it...I may take some courses if I can find a good school to enroll in..maybe some extensive conversational courses will help me..I hope . I start Saturday...will work 4 days a week for now, which is cool with me...I just need to make enough to pay my car etc...otherwise I'm in the ...... I'm glad I got this, I missed working with flowers...you know, when you're good at something...it's nice to be able to work with those skills Thanks for listening...sorry this was kinda long Linda 268/155.5
jcordell
on 3/16/05 7:02 am - TX
Awesome Linda! Wishing you all the best in your new position!!! Jeff
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/05 7:34 am - Somewhere Else
Thanks Jeff! It's going to be a lot of fun! Linda 268/155.5
Tara118
on 3/16/05 7:27 am - Trenton, OH
That is great news!!! I'm glad you are getting back to what you enjoy. Your confidence in yourself will also show in your designs!! Have fun!! Tara 305/188/170 -117
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/05 7:38 am - Somewhere Else
Thanks Tara! I'm a little worried about the whole french thing...but I think I'll manage...hopefully I don't get caught by too many stuffy, snotty frenchmen who hate the english I love being creative with flowers...the one big difference between this shop and the company I was with...there is less variety to work with here...my old company was the wholesaler, so we had everything...a florist would never invest that much to have that large a variety...so...you have to be a little more creative to make something special with what you have...I had fun today though, it had been so long since I got to make a bouquet Linda 268/155.5
IrishIze
on 3/16/05 8:27 am - NJ
Les félicitations mon ami - maintenant vous pouvez arrêter et pouvez sentir les roses!! Seriously - that's great about the job. It sounds like you have a terrific start ~ a wonderful boss, four days a week and doing something you love. I'm sure you'll pick up the French quickly - just hang on to that positive attitude!! Hugs, Nancy -103
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/05 10:32 am - Somewhere Else
Merci beaucoup! I hope the french comes, we'll see, lol. It's going to be fun no matter what though. Linda 268/155.5
us2bfat C.
on 3/16/05 10:44 am - selden, NY
wooooo hoooooo my favorite thing next to shopping for clothes is fresh flowers i am so proud of you... look at the little miracles that happen to us when we get a little self esteem back we are an amazing bunch love you guys woooooooo hoooooooooooo Stacy 232/140.5/140
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/05 11:50 am - Somewhere Else
LOL...well this is the type of work I was doing before...I worked for a company for 4.5 years that made bouquets for supermarkets...I ended up running the company the last year I was there..... I will say though, that I bet if I had walked into this shop at my heaviest, they would not have hired me, as nice as they are, people still tend to discriminate against the obese when it comes to working with the public... Linda 268/155.5
Vicki Tobergte
on 3/16/05 11:06 am - Independence, KY
Yay .. That's wonderful Linda. I hope you love it!! I love to do crafts and I like to floral arrange also . Good Luck ...I'm happy for you. Hugs, Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views