Mall of America

deeno
on 3/15/05 11:48 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hey all. I'm going to the Mall of America this weekend. I hate shopping, but I'm really excited about this. I heard there is a Tall Girl shop there, and being a tall girl, well, I'm just giddy. Anyhow, any suggestions for "must see's" at "The Mall"? Any suggestions on where to eat? I'll be with hubby, so we can split a plate of whatever. Oh, I'll be off line for a while, too--on the road. I'll be back Monday. I'll probably check in and just read if I can get on line at the hotel, but no time to post until I get back. Diana
IrishIze
on 3/16/05 2:59 am - NJ
I don't know anything about the mall, but just wanted to wish you a good time. BTW, I think there's an OH event there around the first week of April - check the main board if you're interested. Hugs, Nancy -103
Atima M.
on 3/16/05 5:54 am - St. Paul, MN
Hi Diana! The mall is my home away from home! Must eat is Forest Gumps if you've never been before. Make sure you go to Nordstrums Rack, I love that place! Good for shoes! Famous Daves is a good eat place and not pricey either. Email me if you want to know anything else! Oh! Make sure you go across the street to Ikea! Atima
Sue G.
on 3/16/05 3:31 pm - Aurora, NE
I've only been there once and it's been a few years ago. My daughter and I went to a build a bear or brown bear factory and made a bear for a keepsake. I'm tall too !! 5'11" so I'm excited for you too let me know what the tall shop is like and maybe I can convince my hubby to make a return trip . I don't remember where we ate but I'm sure you'll find something. My husband just had the surgery too so we're thinking eating out will be really cheap from now on Have fun !!
Gwen Kennedy
on 3/17/05 3:12 am - Charles City, IA
I was at the Mall of America last month with my daughters. We had more fun at Professor Bellow Photographics where we dressed up as salon girls then at the theme park . I recommend it to anyone with a good sense of humor. We ended up eating at the fast food places because we each wanted something different. I think I put a salon picture on my website. Gwen
Traci72
on 3/17/05 3:40 am - Hastings, MN
What fun to have you here!!! 1st off, unfortunately the teddy bear factory is not there any more. It's been replaced by the "Stupid Store" (it called the Stupid.....something, can't remember the rest of it). I agree that Bubba Gumps is good, but is a bit $$$. Famous Daves (if you like bbq....theirs is awesome!!) is VERY accomodating to WLS patients. I have a restaurant card from my surgeons office (you can make them on this site too) and they accept it. They are very friendly and compassionate about it all. If you like bath products etc, a must stop in is the Basin (on the main floor near Old Navy). They have all natural product....bath balls, hair soap, bath crystals, sea salts, milk baths, massage lotions, etc. Amazing place. The Rainforest Cafe is fun to take a peek at...food is pretty good, but again, $$$. Walk through Camp Snoopy....it's fun to just stand/sit and look around at all of it. OH! The Stampede Steakhouse it to die for!!! That's located in Camp Snoopy. Most of your restaurants or food court items are on the 3rd floor. Krispy Kreme is on the 2nd floor (it's fun to watch them make the doughnuts, even if you don't eat them!) Macy's has AWESOME sales/clearance, there is the Disney store and TONS of MN stores, specialty stores, you name it. How long are you and your DH here for?? I'm only 20-30mins away from the MOA. My DH is taking my oldest son to a scouting event, and I'll have my younger 2 w/nothing planned. Not trying to force us on you, but I've yet to meet anyone off this site and am looking forward to the day I do. Just a thouhgt. Hope you guys have a great visit!! Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views