What was I thinking?

Tanja Y
on 3/14/05 12:09 am - Wahiawa, HI
Here in the last month or so I've become addicted...........addicted to coffee. I knew I shouldn't be drinking it, but I couldn't seem to stop myself. I'd try to be good, drink decaf or half caf; worked at first but then I'd start buying a cup of normal as a treat. Always used splenda or equal. But my downfall was those cute little flavored creamers. First cup of the day it would be one or two of them........by the end of the pot I was putting 3 or 4 in a cup! The other day at 7-11 while dh was getting a slurpee I thought to myself I'd grab a cup of coffee and before I knew what I had done, I had put several french vanilla and a couple hazelnut creamers in the cup. Man it was so good.........but sweet as heck! I decided to go to calorieking.com and see just how bad those little indavidual creamers were..........OMG I couldn't beleive my eyes! No wonder my weight loss has slowed down if not completely stopped! The calories and sugar counts were mind boggeling! I feel like such a fool! But what really sucks is I'm still struggeling wanting coffee. Just one creamer I'll think to myself........thankfully when I snuck into the shopette last night they were out of creamer! I know there's no way I could have resisted adding more then one. And that really makes me mad at myself! And what really sucks? Even once I knew I went to the store and tried to find a lower calorie/sugar gram flavoured creamer As I stood there searching I was craving so bad! I didn't buy any; but it was really hard to walk away. This morning I had one cup, with just normal Creamora powdered creamer in it.........which is alot better then what I was doing.........and thinking the whole time I should have bought the other creamer! I need a hard kick in the @ss. I have given up so much, went thru so much, struggled so hard..............and to my shame I feel like I've been brought down my International Flavored Creamer.....namely French Vanilla! ~Tanja
deeno
on 3/14/05 1:32 am - Kokomo, IN
The International Coffee's come in caffine free and sugar free. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I usually drink this once in a while as a treat. A true coffee drinker may not care for these, but maybe they would. Who knows. I won't beat you up here--I'm guilty of enough stuff on my own. Diana
bugsmom
on 3/14/05 2:27 am - In Mom's House, CA
You might try adding sugar-free flavored syrups to your coffee. I drink a bit of coffee every day and don't give much thought to the calorie count of the creamers. I usually use the low carb or sugar free creamers. What I really drink are iced non-fat, sugar free vanilla lattes from you-know-where. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all have our weaknesses. A while back I discovered I could eat a couple of the little Hershy's hugs and not dump and quickly got a little addicted. I've managed to wean myself off of them but it's always gonna be something. Just stay vigilant and remember to forgive yourself. Merritt
Sue G.
on 3/14/05 4:05 am - Aurora, NE
I'm a coffee drinker too but don't do the flavored. I drink decaf with lite powdered creamers. I think the suger free flavors would be your best bet. I try to only drink coffee in the mornings and evenings and drink flavored waters or crystal lite during the rest of the day to get my water in. My weakness is nuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews, any kind.!! I think I'll just have a handful and end up going back for more. I finially told my husband not to buy any more so they're not sitting around the house. Find something you can drink that will replace the coffee part of the time and eventually you'll get away from it .... Good luck .. Sue
Sherri_B
on 3/14/05 4:27 am - washington, MO
I noticed i to am craving coffee (( hmm thinking of a cup now ) anyway here is what i drink .. i get folgers vanilla coffe beans . and i add a little choclate carb countdown to it and splenda has a hazelnut creamer well it is made w/ splenda and i add a splash of that it is pure heaven . and the choc carb countdown has protein... and i have just 1 cup but boy is it good . ok now i have talked myself into a cup ..
us2bfat C.
on 3/14/05 10:26 am - selden, NY
honey they make those little cute creamers in lo carb and fat free so go ahead and enjoy just use less i use the cinamon hazelnut all the time but in small amounts i still drink my coffee regular i have given up everything else i have to have one vice..... the lo carb is actually good.... hope this helped Stacy 232/140.5/140 almost there folks
T R.
on 3/14/05 1:53 pm
Coffee junkie?? Well, I fit that category too. LOL I buy that velvet chocolate kind, and add the fat free french vanilla creamer, its my only vice. I don't need to add sugar because this is sweet enough just using the creamer. I figure we have given up a lot, this is my only vice and I make up for the coffee with extra water/propel later in the day. Just keep it two cups as a max. I don't feel any guilt and you shouldn't either. Just keep an eye on what you put in it. Also, sometimes I add a scoop of unflavored unjury to it, which makes 20 extra grams of protein for the day. Works for me!! Take care Tami 275/186/140 46 pounds 2 go!!
JustHat
on 3/14/05 2:00 pm - NM
Drat. I guess it was too much to hope for that there wasn't too much sugar in them. Since we started this move, I have been drinking coffee. And, those little creamers are so tempting. I guess since it is the only cheating I have done, it isn't too bad. But, I shouldn't be cheating. The movers come tomorrow. So, Wed. morning I get to see how much I have lost over the last month. I guess I will know what to blame if it isn't as much as I hope. And, now that I know that it is really bad, I will have no excuse for continuing to use them. Hat
Monna W.
on 3/16/05 1:36 am - Susanville, CA
I am an avid coffee drinker and have at least 1 cup every day. I drink decaf, with equal. Actually, it is a medium size latte with 12 oz of skim milk in 2 shots of espresso. I cannot stand the taste of milk any more since surgery--not lactose intolerant, just hate the taste of milk. This way I get some extra protein and calcium and enjoy it. I checked out the flavored creamers at the store the other day and decided against them all because of the high sugar--I have dumping syndrome really bad with even mildly sugar-sweet foods and drinks. The dumping is probably what has been my greatest help in eating properly since surgery. No amount of sugar is worth that terrible feeling. Monna 389/259/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views