WOW.....i didn't know you guys exsisted!

marinemom
on 3/12/05 5:34 am - lisbon, OH
Hi everyone.....I had my WLS on July 19th and really am soooo happy to find others who have had surgery the same month as me. Sometimes i get so discouraged when i see others losing faster than me. As of today i am down 95 lbs and have gone from a 28 and 3x to 18 and large.....We moved not quite 2 weeks ago (just 12 miles from where we used to live), and it has been sooooo stressful...losing our home and going into an apartment....job hunting and getting losing our health insurance all in the same month.....I will be glad when March is over....lol.....Anyhow, thanks for being here and why is this place such a secret? If i hadn't read someone else's profile, I would never have found it.....Well. enough rambling for right now, i will be back later......hope to make some new friends here....Patty
jcordell
on 3/12/05 5:43 am - TX
Hi Patty! Welcome to the board! Wow, two "newbies" today! Hee hee! Don't worry, we'll have you warped in no time at all. Especially Boney, oops I mean Stacey! Many of us have been here from the start, well even BEFORE the start, so we are a tight knit group of close friends, always looking for more July babies to join in on our shenannigans... Welcome! We look forward to you being part of our family! Jeff -107
marinemom
on 3/14/05 6:41 am - lisbon, OH
Hi Jeff, Thanks for the welcome...I guess i will fit right in.....after i posted i forgot to save to my favorite places and it has taken me forever to figure out how to get back in here...lol.....talk to you later.....Patty
Marcy B.
on 3/12/05 6:32 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Welcome Patty! Wow...I can't imagine what this experience would have been like without being able to tap into resources here on this site, and to compare notes with all of the other July babies. Sorry all of this stressful stuff is happening to you. Hang in there, I am sure that your luck will turn around soon. 95lbs..you are doing great. My weight loss has been a slow and steady 8-10lbs per month- I wi**** was faster, but I guess there is a reason for everything. I am learning that the scale is NOTmy enemy but just a measurement of pounds at any given time. I try instead to measure other things to keep me going. Today for instance... I had lunch with my daughter and sat in a booth in a restaurant. A BOOTH....boy it seems like they are making them bigger these days cuz now I can fit in them. I wore gym shoes that I could bend down to tie...( not velcro ) and last but not least, I am wearing comfortably my daughter's size 26 jeans ( down from stretchy size 5X pants busting at the seams.) You'll make losts of new friends here.. and get tons of support. Marcy -86
marinemom
on 3/14/05 6:32 am - lisbon, OH
Isn't it wonderful to be able to go someplace and not have to wonder about whether we will fit in the seats or not? It still amazes me to fit in the booths and not have my body touch the table.......
us2bfat C.
on 3/12/05 6:36 am - selden, NY
welcome aboard and just to piggy back on what jeff said yes we are warped here but a very fun tight knit group of brothers and sisters... we laugh we cry we celebrate and we just have plain fun... but most of all there has never been a time in my whole post op surgery that not one of them hasnt been there for each other and for me and i cherish all of them with every inch of my heart and soul and i mean that i also lurk around the other boards but this one is special these people have been my main source of strenght thru thick and thin if you have any questions or anything just ask and stick around it gets real fun woooo hooooooo Boney "Warped" 232/141/140
us2bfat C.
on 3/12/05 6:38 am - selden, NY
welcome aboard and just to piggy back on what jeff said yes we are warped here but a very fun tight knit group of brothers and sisters... we laugh we cry we celebrate and we just have plain fun... but most of all there has never been a time in my whole post op surgery that not one of them hasnt been there for each other and for me and i cherish all of them with every inch of my heart and soul and i mean that i also lurk around the other boards but this one is special these people have been my main source of strenght thru thick and thin if you have any questions or anything just ask and stick around it gets real fun woooo hooooooo Boney "Warped" 232/141/140
Traci K.
on 3/12/05 8:53 pm - Sullivan, MO
Welcome Patty!!! Sorry about your recent troubles! Traci
IrishIze
on 3/12/05 9:24 pm - NJ
Hi Patty! I'm glad you found us!! As Stacy and Jeff have said, we're a warped bunch, but we're really tight-knit and supportive of one another. It sounds like you've gone through a pretty stressful time lately - although you seem to be doing fantastic in your weight loss!! I hope things will wind down in the stress department - we're always here to help!! Hugs, Nancy -103
AngelFlyingHappy
on 3/12/05 11:16 pm - Oxnard, CA
Welcome!! There are quite a few of us who had surgery July 19th. You will like it here!!!! Michelle -124
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views