I just found you guys and I'm so happy I did!

Jennifer (JJ) V.
on 3/12/05 1:19 am - Oswego, IL
I had my surgury 7/1/2004 in Fresno, CA. I moved to Oswego, IL 1 month post-op. It has been a terribly lonely and somewhat confusing journey. I started out at 272 lbs and a size 24. I am currently 189 and a size 12. I have been quite nervous lately because I haven't lost anything for 2 months now. I was happy to see that I'm not alone. I started exercising 6 days a week 1 month ago and I still havn't budged a pound. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to get the scale moving again? I would appreciate any help I can get. Looking forward to making new friends!! JJ
IrishIze
on 3/12/05 4:14 am - NJ
Hi JJ! Boy, moving is tough enough, let alone one month after a life changing surgery AND from a warm climate to a cold, wintery one!! I hope things are getting better in that department, and you're meeting some people. It sounds like you are doing well with your weight loss, but like the rest of us it has slowed way down. I don't know what the answer is - we've all been trying to figure it out. Tricking your body by eating high calories a couple of days, then cutting way back for a day or two is one suggestion I've heard. I was down 99 lbs. for what seemed like the longest time; and I was dying to get into the Century Club. Finally, one morning I weighed and not only had I lost one pound, I lost three!! Wish I could have figured that one out - I'd write a book and make a million!!! Hope you'll hang around - we're a pretty fun group!!! Hugs, Nancy -102
Marcy B.
on 3/12/05 4:40 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Welcome aboard JJ. This is a great group of support people, right at your finger tips. I like this support group better than the one that is offered by my Dr's office. Its convenient, and you get to learn lots of stuff, and meet tons of different people going through some of the same things you are. Congrats on your weight loss. Plateaus are inevitable- so don't pay all that much attention to the scale. I am one of the "slow" losers who still has a ways to go. I try not to stress out about the scale, and focus instead on non scale victories. Today was a double victory.....I sat in a booth at a restaurant while wearing my daughter's blue jeans ( size 26 - down from a 5X). Day...by day... Welcome! Marcy -86
jcordell
on 3/12/05 4:51 am - TX
Hi JJ! Glad you found us! And, to your point, you're certainly not alone. Seems like alot of posts the last couple of months have dealt with slowing weight loss, and things we can do to speed it back up...I'm certain if you read through some of the previous posts, you'll find some invaluable information, and get to know a little more about each of us along the way. Take good care, and again, welcome to the July 04 baby's board! Jeff -107
Sherri_B
on 3/12/05 9:41 am - washington, MO
it took me awhile to get here to .. i also started out at 270 .. i am now at 170 but still in a size 14 .. some 12 some 10 just depending on name of jeans .. I also have been stuck for 2 months . wish i could help but i am here w/ ya
Traci K.
on 3/12/05 8:58 pm - Sullivan, MO
Welcome JJ!! Yep, weight loss slowing down here too; but I'm 19 lbs from my personal goal, so I expected it. I try to vary my calorie intake to keep my body guessing. I also try to keep my protein intake high and carbs low. I definitely need to go try on some new clothes! I weigh 166 and am still in a 16!! But these are old pants from Goodwill or my closet from a decade ago. Maybe I'm in a smaller size than I think. Glad you found us!
dana W.
on 3/13/05 7:02 am - fort worth, tx
I'm with u ,, my scale hasnt moved in 2 mths also.. i know its something i'm doing,, and right now i'm off work til tue and thats when i'll start back at the gym,,, but i've been stuck at 190 for a long while,, cant wait to see 175 that's what i weighed when i was 9 mth with child,,, lol.. go figure huh? anyway keep your head up,, it has to get better. your july friend dana
Chris F.
on 3/15/05 1:36 pm - san diego, Ca
Hi, i am new here also and i feel for you. My surgery was at the end of July and i have lost 60#. My scale stopped moving 3 months ago. I am frustrated. My surgeon just reccommened that i lay off the weights and concentrate on the cardio. So we shall see.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views