Pipe Cleaning...

Irene S.
on 3/12/05 1:03 am - NJ
I suffered with constipation until I had my son, and then I was daily, like clockwork. Since surgery, I am messed up and have problems with constipation. I don't have the urge to go, almost as though I have low motility or something. Sometimes I will feel so backed up that I'll feel nauseous! I currently take 3 Colace stool softeners daily, but it doesn't do anything for "moving things along". For that I have to use glycerine suppositories. Recently, I learned about the need for magnesium and how it's AS important as calcium for us. I've recently started adding magnesium and have noticed a slight change in the "moving along" feelings. By no coincidence, magnesium citrate is used in very high doses as a laxative. I wonder if we could be a little deficient in magnesium? irene
Ilva K.
on 3/12/05 2:54 am - NYC, NY
i am glad you post this subject before surgery i was a regular know, i am lucky if i go teice aweek, and when i do i stop up the toilet because its so big and long during the days i am so bloted its not funny, i wonder what r we not doing thank you for the post
Traci72
on 3/12/05 4:58 am - Hastings, MN
I'm noticing this w/me too, however, I was never regular before. Prior to WLS, I might go every other day, or once every 3-4 days. Now I go 2x per week, unless I have sugar. Then it's a given that I'll go that nite or ASAP the following day. Here's an issue that I'm having though.....hope someone else can understand. I am WAAAAAAAY more gassy than I was before. That I can *deal* I guess. The problem is, even if it's *just* gas, it feels like I HAVE to make it to the bathroom, or I'm going to just sh*t right there. I'll get to the toilet and it's gas. Once I was *sure* it was just gas, and was way wrong. Talk about embarassing! Thank goodness I was at home. Why would/does it feel like I have to *go*, when I don't? What's the deal w/that? It makes me super nervous when I'm out in the gen. public, but don't want to feel like I have to stay home all the time. Traci 248/142.5/130
MarinaS
on 3/12/05 2:02 pm - Small Town, WA
For the first time in my life this became a problem after WLS. MOM, Fleets, you name it and I tried it. Now that I am up to 3-4 quarts of water a day and add golden flax seeds to my protein shakes I have not had this problem. Just do not go every day. Marina -114
IrishIze
on 3/12/05 10:53 pm - NJ
Marina - I've seen some posts about flax seeds on the main board, but never really figured out what they were for. Can you fill us in? What are they, where do you get them and how do you use them?? Thanks, Nancy
MarinaS
on 3/14/05 10:26 am - Small Town, WA
I bought a little coffee grinder 3 years ago to grind my flax seeds and never used it or them. I now grind my flax seeds into powder and add to my protein drink. I think dame tooter on the main boards has one of the best sites for flax. They are rich in the omega 3 oils one gets from fish. Her web site on flax is: freepgs.com/bariatricbytes/ you know to add the www in front. She is very knowledgeable on alot of subjects, but especially flax. I get mine at Fred Meyers or the health food store. I store mine in the refrigerator. I am basically a novice at all of this.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 3/12/05 11:30 pm - Oxnard, CA
Nancy: This is not a problem that I have. I dont know if its cause I eat a well balanced diet or I'm just lucky. LOL But I sure am thankful!!! Michelle -124
IrishIze
on 3/13/05 12:51 am - NJ
Hi Michelle!! How have you been - I haven't seen you on the board much, and I miss your smiling face!! Hope all is going better for you, and please, don't be a stranger!!! Hugs, Nancy -103
GailD
on 3/13/05 9:07 am - Racine, WI
Nancy, So glad you posted on this! I've been having problems for the last several months -- sometimes having to resort to the glycerin enemas just to get relief! That "Smooth Moves" tea seems to help me alot...but I have to use it at least once a week -- and if I forget -- I'm in trouble! I definitely think this is a problem with WLS -- I have several friends who use the tea regularly, too! Oh well...guess I can live with it! Gail D. 252/162/140 -90
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views