What brand/type of scale do you use?

Shrinking-Violet
on 3/9/05 9:01 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi guys & gals: It looks like I'm in need of a new scale already! The one I have is a nice one, it's a Tanita. Which I've heard is a pretty decent brand as far as scales go. But I think I've worn out the buttons from my incessant daily weighing! hah ;p To start my scale you have to press 2 recessed buttons, but now the scale is acting wonky when I try to press them. I keep getting a read error of "Lo" on the read out. I have to press and press 10 thousand times (the whole time getting that damn read error) before it finally gets to my age/height and then clears itself to "0" so I can step on it. So I guess I need a new one. I MUST have a digital one. I don't like/trust the old school ones with the hash marks and the pointer. Hehe. Do any of you have any suggestions on what brand to get? I'd like to spend less than 100 bucks, no more than 150 if necessary. I also could really use a food scale. I think I need to start weighing my portions now, especially since I can eat more than before. Know where to get a relatively inexpensive one? Any brand suggestions? Thanks! Angela C. 229/154/130
Danelle72
on 3/9/05 9:17 am - Las Vegas, NV
I can't help ya on the scale thing. But I just wanted to say you look great. Congrats on your success. Danelle
Shrinking-Violet
on 3/9/05 9:52 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Danelle! You look great yourself ;) Love the new pics, cute shirt!
Danelle72
on 3/10/05 3:03 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thank you so much. You are so sweet. Who would have thought I would ever dare wear a shirt like that. Not me. I still feel funny wearing it and feel like I am still to fat to wear stuff like that. But one day maybe I will feel like I can when my head catches up. You really do look great. Keep up the good work. Danelle
Traci K.
on 3/9/05 6:53 pm - Sullivan, MO
It sounds like you need to replace your battery. That's what my old scale did when the battery was 'low'. I have a new scale it's the Weigh****chers one. It weighs in .2 lbs increments and was about $25 at Walmart.
Shrinking-Violet
on 3/9/05 9:53 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Traci: Doh! THE BATTERIES! Hahaha. I guess I should have thought about that ;) heh. I think I'll try to replace them before going out and purchasing a new one. Thanks!
IrishIze
on 3/9/05 9:11 pm - NJ
Wow, this is weird! I have plans to go to Walmart today and get the WW scale!! I have a digital scale, but it only weighs in 1 lb. increments, and at this point, I want one that is a little more accurate. From what I understand, it's pretty good value for the money. I agree with you Angela - it's gotta be a digital because I can never figure out the value of each of those little hash marks!! Duh!! Hugs, Nancy -102
MargaretD
on 3/10/05 2:53 am - Nashville, TN
I love my scale (although I did not like its report this morning...up one pound)! It is from Sharper Image. I got it on sale for 45$. I think it normally goes for 99$ or something like that. It can measure your body fat, too. I only use it for actual poundage. It measures in .2 increments...139.2, 139.4, 139.6 etc. Margaret 238/140/125
Traci72
on 3/10/05 2:56 am - Hastings, MN
I can't remember what brand my 1st scale was, but I went through 3-4 sets of batteries w/it (it took a 9volt) just between my WLS and x-mas. The one I have now is a digital 'Health-O-Meter' from Wal*Mart. (the 1st was a digital too) It weighs in the .2 increments also and is a sleek black color. My 1st one was a nice white, but showed too much "stuff", but made it easy to figure out the culprit that broke it by squeezing toothpaste in it! So far, I've only replaced the battery once in this one....I weigh myself every day, several times a day. Can you say "obsessive"? Traci 248/143/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views