-1 pound in 6 weeks

deeno
on 3/9/05 4:12 am - Kokomo, IN
Now we seem to be getting some posts about slow losing lately. I just wanted to let y'all know that I have lost 1 pound since 1/24/05. Yes, that's 1 pound in over 6 weeks. Before that there wasn't any big loss, either. I have lost a total of ten pounds since 11/22. So, why am I posting this? I'm not complaining--I've lost 70 pounds so far. I have 30 to 50 to go. Slow and steady wins the race. I just thought it was worth posting my numbers incase someone felt that they were a slow loser, and felt bad about it. I'm hoping that the "slow loser's" see my post and it makes them feel a little better about their loss, knowing that they could be even slower. I don't like that I'm a slow loser, but I love that I'm a loser. If it takes me four months to lose the next 10 pounds, I'm OK with that. At this rate, I'll lose 30 pounds in 12 months. What a great gift to lose 30 pounds in a year. I couldn't have done that without my WLS. So, everyone give yourself a hug and praise yourself for accomplishing what you've accomplished. Keep up the good work. If we're all slow, then we're technically not slow, but 'normal'. The more slow losers I see, the more normal I feel. I wi**** would all fall off of me in 6 weeks, but that isn't going to happen. My body is slow for reasons that I don't understand, and I have to be OK with that or I'll drive myself crazy, you know? Be proud of yourselves. You are worth it. Diana
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/05 4:51 am - Somewhere Else
I LOVE your attitude, Diana!!!! I wish everyone could try to be half as positive as you are! Linda 268/156
deeno
on 3/9/05 9:38 pm - Kokomo, IN
Thanks Linda! You are doing such a great job. Keep it up! Diana
dana W.
on 3/9/05 7:56 am - fort worth, tx
Well now I feel better,, i've only lost 80 lbs since 7/29/04 and have not lost even 1 pound in 2 mths,, i know i'm not doing everything i shld,, but i still feel like i shld have lost something.. anything..so i know what u mean abt losing slow when everyone else has already lost over a 100. But we bth need to sit back in relax. It will take time but we will get thur it and to our goals. dana
deeno
on 3/9/05 9:41 pm - Kokomo, IN
I am all for the relaxing part! I know I haven't been perfect, but I've done really well. My husband had this surgery almost 3 years ago, and he has reminded me that the last 30 were the ones he worked the hardest at to lose ( he has lost 190 and is at goal). So, I think when it warms up (does it ever warm up in March in Indiana?) I'll be pounding the pavement. I'm too big of a wuss to walk in this cold weather. Plus, I need to put my chips in and do my indoor walking, too. I knew there were "others" out there who had stalled with me. Thanks for your support. Diana
Sue G.
on 3/9/05 9:27 am - Aurora, NE
Me too !!! Me too !! Me too !! I'm slow but I don't care I've lost 71 lbs since 7/21/04 and I feel great ! Isn't this why we did this in the first place?? I have 50 or so to go too but I can wait right now I feel pretty good about my self and the way I feel and look for that matter. We'll get there !! Sue
us2bfat C.
on 3/9/05 7:53 pm - selden, NY
no fear people i personally know someone that went thru weight loss surgery 10 months ago and only lost 56 lbs now i would consider that a slow weight loss but slow only means your skin has a chance to bounce back lol you are all doing fabulous and there is no need to worry keep your heads up and keep doing what your doing!!!!!!! Stacy 232/142/140
deeno
on 3/9/05 9:45 pm - Kokomo, IN
I totally agree! You know, you hear about people having complications or not being able to eat. I'm just so happy that I came out with flying colors and feel as healthy as a horse (and now, a smaller horse!). People compliment me all of the time, and they find it hard to believe that I want to lose another 30-50 pounds (even though I'm a size 16). If I didn't lose another pound, I could live with it (as long as I never gained, too). But I'm going for the gold. Slow and steady wins the race. I just keep telling myself that my body is taking it's time "adjusting" so that it will all stay off this time. Or, maybe I'm just holding on to my winter flab to stay warm. I'm happy, too. Diana
deeno
on 3/9/05 9:49 pm - Kokomo, IN
The above was a response to Sue--i have no idea why it landed here! Stacy- You know, the whole skin thing is baffling me. I do look like one of those wrinkled up dogs (sharpay?? I have no idea how to spell it) under my clothes, but even though my weight has stayed the same, by body is still shrinking. Maybe it is my skin adjusting to my new frame. Even my bat wings are shrinking a little (but still way too floppy--this is going to be my first reconstructive surgery as my arms have been a source of embarassment to me for years--even more than my fat rear end!!). Now, if I could only get my boobs to firm up.... Diana
IrishIze
on 3/9/05 9:03 pm - NJ
Hi Diana, What a great post!! You are doing fantastic, and your attitude is wonderful!! I'd rather lose 50 lbs. and be happy than lose 150 lbs. and be miserable!! As my Dad always says: "Attitude is everything!" Lots of wishes for continued success, and PLEEZE keep posting!! I always love to read your posts because they are so positive, upbeat and inspiring. You're a gem!!! Hugs, Nancy -102
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views