8 Month Update

Monna W.
on 3/6/05 9:50 am - Susanville, CA
It's been 8 months and what a wonderful gift I have been given. This surgery has given me back a real life full of energy and wonder. Today I weighed in at 263 for a total loss of 126 lbs since surgery. I have lost a total of 55 inches from chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves, arms, and neck. Today I walked .6 of a mile outside (much different that using the Gazelle or a treadmill which I do everyday). Went to a movie and could walk up the hill from the theater to the parking lot--first time I could do that since we moved here. Since surgery I have been taken off my cholesterol med, one of my diabetic meds, halved my diuretics (which I take for my pulmonary hypertension), no longer have urinary frequency and just in general feel like a new woman. Thank God for my wonderful surgeon and all the wonderful people on this board. My success so far is in part due to their support. God Bless you all. Monna 389/263/150
Tara118
on 3/6/05 10:30 am - Trenton, OH
WOW Monna!! I am so proud of you!! You have done an amazing job. Tara 305/188/170 -117
us2bfat C.
on 3/6/05 7:57 pm - selden, NY
mona thats wonderful you are doing fantastic.....i am so proud of all my july babies. without you guys i dont think i would have had so much success and for that i thank you all!!!!! again way to go mona its all positive stuff from here on in......... Stacy 232/142/140
Monna W.
on 3/7/05 12:54 am - Susanville, CA
Thank you for your kind words. I can hardly wait to get to the weight at which you started. You are looking so GREAT!! Monna
Monna W.
on 3/7/05 12:52 am - Susanville, CA
A great deal of thanks goes to you--your posts are part of what keeps me going. Monna
Traci K.
on 3/6/05 8:07 pm - Sullivan, MO
WOW Monna - 126 lbs is awesome!!!! Congrats!!
deeno
on 3/6/05 10:54 pm - Kokomo, IN
Monna, I just love it! I agree with you completely, what a wonderful gift we have been given. What an inspiration you are to so many. So, in addition to your physical accomplishments, how are you feeling mentally? Are you starting to feel, dare I say, sexy? You should! I hope you are feeling the joy of gaining new confidence as well as feeling physically better each day. I look forward to reading about your continued success, so keep up the good work! Diana
Monna W.
on 3/7/05 12:58 am - Susanville, CA
Diana, Yes, I am beginning to feel a little sexy. I never have felt very sexy in my whole life, but I look in the mirror and think "You're not so bad for a 60 year old woman. In fact, you look pretty damn good." I forgot one of the biggest accomplishments--I used to be on supplemental oxygen 24/7 and now I use it only at night when I remember it. I really enjoy being outside now. It used to be such an effort. This summer I am going to get a bicycle. Monna
cindy m.
on 3/7/05 1:00 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Monna!!! Wow.........has it been 8 months now!?!?! You are doing soooo fantastic!!! Hugs ~Cindy~
IrishIze
on 3/7/05 1:10 am - NJ
Monna - I just got to say - You have done so well and you have always shown such gratitude for this gift ~ you deserve all the best!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ain't life grand!! Hugs and Nancy -102
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views