One Year Ago

Tracey L.
on 3/6/05 5:34 am - Concord, CA
Today has become a day of reflection for me, don't know if it's my upcoming birthday or this "rebirth" after WLS. I started thinking about what my life was like one year ago. I had been working on pre-op testing and prerequisites beginning in October and was losing faith in the process, it was so long and drawn out. I was suffering from severe Rheumatoid pain, using a morphine pain patch 24/7, gobbling over 100 Darvon for migraine and joint pain. My blood pressure was high, so I had that med also. Then there were the litany of migraine meds we tried. I was in the doctor's office, every month. Sometimes walking w/ a cane. The only exercise I had was from the car to the door and back again. I never took the stairs. I won't even start a list of all the things I couldn't do. I began to feel invisible. WLS has liberated me from the pain of obesity and almost completely elliminated my struggle with migraine disease. It's just amazing. I still have moments of slow down but they are few and far between. I've been blessed to of had no complications and a slow, but steady loss. I sometimes get antsy and want more faster, dreaming of what I will look and feel like at a "normal" weight. I am so thankful for these changes and am truly, for the first time in my 42 years, developing a positive relationship with my body. What more could I ask for? Tracey in SF Lap RNY 7/30/04 356/250/One day at a time
IrishIze
on 3/6/05 8:53 am - NJ
Wow, Tracey - your post brought tears to my eyes. You are a true example of how this surgery can improve a person's quality of life. Thanks for sharing your joy and loads of wishes for continued success and good health!! Hugs, Nancy -102
Tara118
on 3/6/05 10:26 am - Trenton, OH
Tracy!! Your journey has been an amazing one! You summed everything in words beautifully!! You are doing a good steady job. Just keep it up and you will reach ANY goal you set. I would LOVE to see a current pic of you!!! Tara 305/188/170 -117
Traci K.
on 3/6/05 8:06 pm - Sullivan, MO
Good for you Tracey!!! I too have noticed far fewer migraines post-op! That alone is a blessing!! Keep up the good work!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views