recent GB surgery and now no energy

Jennifier1
on 3/5/05 7:12 am - Weirton, WV
I had my gallbladder out three weeks ago and have been doing well with my recovery. Six days after surgery, my doctor released me to move to Ohio from New Jersey. I spent almost two weeks looking for a job and started a new one on Thursday. My energy level is so low this week. I was shopping at the mall this afternoon and had to leave because I was too tired to continue. I even thought about taking a nap in my car before driving home. I've discussed this with my fiance (he's ten months further out post-op than I am) and we decided I needed to up the protein and B-12 to see if that helps. I'm not sure if it's also maybe part of the anesthesia still working it's way out of my system. After my surgery in July, I had lots of energy for about two weeks, then about three weeks of very low energy before things picked up. Anyone else that's had their gallbladder out experience this?
MarinaS
on 3/5/05 10:38 am - Small Town, WA
Had my gallbladder out in January after months of complications. My energy level is much less than the RNY minus the complications. We have had two major surgeries in 6 months and it takes a toll on our bodies. I do not expect to feel really good till later this spring. I give myself B12 shots twice a month which helps. Also, I am not working and did not move and still get exhausted. I have learned that my superwoman days are over and I try to rest when I need it. Do not expect too much of yourself at this point. Good luck.
Jennifier1
on 3/6/05 12:25 am - Weirton, WV
Thank you. I'm going to try to take it easy and not be ashamed if I have to nap or rest in the evenings when I get home. I'm looking forward to that energy returning soon though.
Tracey L.
on 3/6/05 5:23 am - Concord, CA
Hey Jenn, Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are recovering. I've had lots of surgery (17), including lap gallbladder removal. It takes such a long, long time for your system to truly recover from any kind of invasive procedure, especially removal of an organ. When I was recovering from illness and surgery, I napped daily and felt lazy about it. It wasn't until a spiritual healer and Rheumatologist told me to rest as much as possible, that was how the body heals. Even if it is a cat nap in the car (I've done that numerous times), it's amazing how energizing a bit of rest can be. I've always listened to my body and tried to respond appropriately. Especially when energy is low, I had to redefine my boundries and respect them. Give yourself a break and rest, rest, rest!!! Hugs, Tracey in SF
Lalocaweta
on 3/6/05 10:52 am - Spicewood, TX
Jennifer: I have kept waiting for the "surge" of energy that so many talk about having after the surgery...Ain't happened yet. I had surgery on 7/15 and then g/b out in December. IN January - after being tired ALL the time - I got my blood work done and found out I had severe anemia... So - have upped my iron intake, my B12 intake, and my protein intake. While I am still not having tons of energy -it is definitely better then it was. Good luck. Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views