SHOPPING? PEOPLE APPROACHING WHATS UP

Sherri_B
on 3/4/05 4:30 am - washington, MO
OK is it just me or have more people approached you since wls .. Lets see i have been asked if i was a flight stewardess (sp) a worker at famous barr.. and last night at dance class for my 6 yr old . conversating w/ a mother her jaw about hit the floor when she realized i had more than just the 2 kiddos i had w/ me . when i said i have had 5 and have 2 step daughters i raise she :- 0 she about hit the floor and of coarse asked how old are you she thought i was 25 ... she said " i thought kids make you look and feel old " they must be keeping you young !!!! I felt so good i will be 32 this year ... and the other 2 incidents was me and dh was shopping and a man wanted some assistance and dh said he is purposly flirting w/ you .. he said several times you just look like you should work here .. 7 months ago i got looks like why are you shopping here and the other incident a gentleman asked me on plane ... anyone else get these little pick me ups .. they inspire me because 7 months ago i didnt get none of that .
Traci K.
on 3/4/05 7:06 pm - Sullivan, MO
Good for you girl!!!! I haven't had anything like what you described, but I do notice people are nicer now that I've lost weight. I get the same responses about all my kids. Of course, I now only have my three little ones with me and when someone comments on having my hands full - I tell them it's a good thing I left the other three at home! You should see their faces then!
Sherri_B
on 3/4/05 10:53 pm - washington, MO
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN I HAVE 3 BABIES AND TELL THEM I HAVE 4 MORE AT HOME I KNOW IT MUST BE THE SAME LOOK IT CRACKS ME UP ....
IrishIze
on 3/4/05 10:32 pm - NJ
I have definitely noticed that people are friendlier to me since I've lost weight. Originally I thought: "What a sad state this world is in that people aren't as nice or friendly just because someone is overweight", but looking at it as objectively as I can, I think part of the problem was that I kept myself at arms length because I was so unhappy with myself. When I was really obese, I was miserable and had very litte self worth. Today I am happier, more open, more approachable and much more confident, and I think people pick up on that. Either way, it's nice to feel good about myself and be more open to other people. Hugs, Nancy -102
Sherri_B
on 3/4/05 10:57 pm - washington, MO
i TOTALLY AGREE as sad as it is it was true i walked in w/ head down did what i had to do and got out .. i also avided malls etc.. and never flew .. but it is sad . i am not sure if it is just society are we set our self up and expect to be treated that way .. i do know i will evn start a conversation now as before i ran like a dog w/ his tail between his legs And open is alot better feeling .. you look wonderful and is that -102 welcome my sister to the century club
MargaretD
on 3/7/05 1:47 am - Nashville, TN
I do know what you mean...I was out with friends this past Saturday and I walked past by a group of college guys playing pool and I heard one say to the other, "She's hot." Wow. I was surprised! It made me walk a little taller and possibly with a little strut!!! I have never heard anyone say that about me before. It is kind of fun. I wasn't even dressed in one of my fun & flirty outfits...just jeans and a pink t-shirt...and I'm 32!!! Margaret 238/139.2/125
kberkihiser
on 3/7/05 2:15 am - Lancaster, PA
I noticed in the beginning alot more people being really friendly, people I know, Now people see me and i see on their faces they notice how much smaller and younger I look and seem to avoid the topic. Strangers are also much friendlier. My daughter has said she has seen guys looking at me, but I never see that stuff. I look so much better than I did at Xmas the last I saw my in laws and wouldn't you know! I saw them yesterday and not a word. The only thing my MIL said was she liked my blouse and asked what size it was. She was not a big supporter of me having this surgery. The main thing is I feel great and feel younger. So I don't really care if they don't want to say they notice, i see on their faces they do! I am just happy to be a smaller me Kristy 306/201/165
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views