Protein powder question

MargaretD
on 3/2/05 5:05 am - Nashville, TN
I read that some folks are getting in extra protein by using protein powders like Isopure and 100%Whey by GNC. So, I went to GNC and bought some. I have absolutely no idea what to do with it!!! It just sits on my countertop. I have never made a protein shake...I always buy the premade carb control by EAS. Although, I have now moved over to Myoplex Carb Sense...more calories but a lot more protein...makes a great breakfast. Anyway, if y'all could forward some protein powder usage ideas my way, I would most appreciate it! I would really like to increase my daily protein intake, and I can't do it with the food alone or I would never stop eating all day!! Thanks!! Margaret 238/140/125
Lalocaweta
on 3/2/05 12:12 pm - Spicewood, TX
I get my extra protein in w/ the GNC concentrated protein - 18 grams in 3 tablespoons. NOt the best tasting stuff in the world...but it is very effective. I do 3 tablespoons in the morning and then 3 again at night. Anne 263/158/150
IrishIze
on 3/2/05 10:00 pm - NJ
Hi Margaret, I use the Isopure 0 Carb protein powder. I mix it in with Carb Countdown FF milk or Carb Countdown yogurt. I also have Unjury protein powder that I sometimes mix in with my lemonade. I don't 'fuss' with it much, I just mix it in and eat/drink it down! Hugs, Nancy -99
Traci K.
on 3/3/05 5:04 am - Sullivan, MO
I can't remember if it was this board or the Missouri board where we posted some protein shake recipes a while back. Anywho..... you can put a scoop or two of protein powder in a blender, pour in Carb Countdown milk, add some ice and fruit too if you'd like - then blend and drink. Basically just use a liquid in a blender, with your protein powder and whatever other additives you want to make your shake.
Patima
on 3/3/05 11:57 pm - GA
I'm an Isopure Gal. I mix one scoop (Creamy Vanilla or Dutch Chocolate powder) with 8 ounces of soy milk, add ice and shake. Gives me 32 grams of protein. In the evenings I heat my soy milk in the microwave, add one scoop of Isopure Dutch Chocolate powder and my UpCal-D calcium citrate powder and shake. Voila! Hot Chocolate! And....another 32 grams of protein! Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views