Slow Losers

Tracey L.
on 3/2/05 3:50 am - Concord, CA
I've finally made it to the Century Club! After a slow down I quit weighing myself quite so often and when getting back on the scales was thrilled to see a 106 lb loss!!! I also quit reading posts since I can't relate to the majority of posts here with respect to being too thin etc, it's kind of discouraging for someone on the long haul and you other slow losers seem to have become lurkers like me. Sometimes I don't even bother to read, but if we don't post and take advantage of reaching out to one another then what's the point? I started at 356 and at 250 today, I still have 90lbs to go. Maybe we could get a new mssg board created for slow losers? I would definately participate. I have a hard time eating anything, food just doesn't appeal to me and hasn't ever since the surgery. Perhaps it's a blessing. I used to arrange my life around food and eating. Now it's more of a chore however I do get the protein in. I find it really wierd that the weight comes off from the top down, I have thinning shoulders, chest and small waist but my belly and thighs seems to be the pooling place for all the displaced fat. Anyone else have that? I'm also thinking about plastic surgery now, I want to visit the breast surgeon and think I'll need to do something about my thighs, my mom's legs look better than mine! Heartfelt Healthy Blessings, Tracey in SF 356/250 Lap RNY 7/30/04 UCSF "One day at a time...."
Debra O.
on 3/2/05 4:35 am - Chino, CA
How can you call losing 106lbs in 7 months slow??? Come on you've done terrific, give yourself a big pat on the back. COngratulations sweetie. Hugs, Debra
Marcy B.
on 3/2/05 9:48 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Congrats on the century mark Tracey. You are by no means a slow loser!! I have " only" lost 85lbs in 7 months and I have at least as much to go. At first the " slower" weight loss really stressed me out, but nowI try not to worry about the day to day pounds lost, and focus instead on the real positive stuff about feeling better , looking better, and moving better. This is a journey....we'll get there sooner or later. Its a marathon rather than a sprint!! But the realities are that I am not racing against anyone. If I never lost another pound I would view this surgery as a success because without it I am sure I would have gained at least as much. I guess its all relative. I am pleased for everyone else's success though- and try not to be jealous or resentful, because obesity has been a hardship for us all. Thank G-d for those of us who have seen the optimal faster weight losses....and G-d bless us who have the slower weight losses. We just have to learn to take it one day at a time. Marcy -85
Lalocaweta
on 3/2/05 12:15 pm - Spicewood, TX
While I am not a slow loser, I do understand your feeling about food. However, as silly as it sounds and I know you have been told this - you have got to eat enough to keep your body from shutting down into starvation mode. About 6 weeks ago - I resolved to get in all my protein and make sure I got in at least 1000 calories a day - I get in about 800...not meeting quite a 1000. But in those 6 weeks - I have lost about 20 pounds.... I have to struggle to do it - but I have found if I eat 6 small meals a day - I do better with food then 3 meals a day. Plus I have found if I eat breakfast - I do better w/ food the entire day. Good luck. Anne 263/158/150
Traci K.
on 3/2/05 7:12 pm - Sullivan, MO
I agree with the others = 106 lbs in 7 months is awesome!! I've only lost 82 lbs in 7 months!!! Keep up the good work!! Traci
Denice W.
on 3/2/05 7:55 pm - Wildwood Crest, NJ
Slow?????????? Now i'm really freaked out!!!!!!! Ihave only lost 88lbs and been stuck there for 3 weeks!!!!!!!!! Maybe i'm doing something wrong???????
us2bfat C.
on 3/2/05 8:40 pm - selden, NY
im not sure how you can call 106 lbs lost in 7 months slow!!!! before the surgery how much have you lost? from where i stand you are right where you are supposed to be.... not to mention you are probably losing inches..... the slower you lose the more time your skin has time to catch up to your bones.... please do not be discouraged you are doing fabulous you have been given a wonderful tool thats in failable if used correctly.... i personally know someone that is 10 months out and hasnt even lost 60 so get off the pity pot and come join us losers and do the happy dance your doing great!!!!! you are a powerfull example to all of us.... not posting is selfish you might have somthing to say that i or somone else needs to hear..... thats what it means to share your experience strength and hope........ Stacy 232/142/140
Deejay
on 3/3/05 12:03 am - Sparks, NV
Tracey, you are doing awesome!!!!! I've only lost 84lbs since 7/19, you are not slow by any means! Keep your chin up and keep up what your doing cuz your doing awesome!!! Deejay 257/173/150 -84
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/05 12:05 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Tracey, I know how you feel. There are days when I am so discouraged that I don't want anything to do with this message board. It was hard seeing that Sherri B. can now wear a bikini and that Traci K. is in a size 14! While I am happy for them, I feel so crushed. I continue with my posting despite wanting to throw the computer out the window. It helps keep me focused on my personal goals. It also helps me remember that I am not the only slow loser out there. There are several people who started at my weight who have lost about the same amount that I have. Although we shouldn't compare ourselves with others, we do. We want to know if we're "normal." Well, when I see how Marcy and other slow losers are doing, I realize that I AM normal. Although I must admit that unlike others (you included), I still have major food issues and still plan around my menus...I just choose wisely (usually) and eat less. As for plastic surgery...these days, it's all I can think about. Although I have more than 100lbs to go before I reach my ULTIMATE goal, I am really starting to notice the hanging skin. I decided yesterday that I will definitely need a breast lift of some sort and I've always known that my batwings have to go. While I'm at it, I'd like a round butt, not a flat one. J LO, WATCH OUT! Keep posting...for the most part, it will keep your spirits up. But you're right...we need a board for slow losers...that would be awesome! Pamela -87
Sherri_B
on 3/3/05 4:52 am - washington, MO
M y dear sweet pamela honey you are doing awesome . Sherri B may want to wear a bikini and considering it , but only beacause i will be in florida and wont see those people anymore . I wont wear it here in missouri .. I havent tried any on yet either .. and if sherri b doesnt click back in gear and snap out of this eating frnzy i wont fit in a swim suit ... All i think of at this point is plastic surgery as well . i have alot of trouble areas .. and wearing the bikini just means i am more confident than i was i sure wont look like i did in one 7 yrs ago ... but i am proud of how far i have come .. you are doing awesome and you are so into this and you you are such an inspiration to me .. and when and if i get that bikini i will post a picture to show ya i have nothing on J lo but i never thought a bikini would be possible but there is alot of things i thought wouldnt be and thanks to surgery i am getting another shot
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views