I wedding dress shopping yesterday

scholarmama
on 2/20/05 6:29 am - Hemet, CA
And got a beautiful dress... I got talked into well I should say I love it... I really do... but I am so uncomfortable with my arms....losing 150lbs will do that do u... but I am happy...lol attached is a link to my pics of the dress ... the pics arent very good but u can get the idea http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/byemamabye/album?.dir=/359c&.src=ph Loni -150.5
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/05 10:57 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
It's a very pretty dress. I'm not sure what to say about the arms thing, though. Personally, if it were me, I'd say "To heck with what everyone will think of my arms, I love this dress!" Honestly, your arms look fine. You ought to see mine! Talk about jiggle...from the top of my arm to the bottom of my batwing is seven inches. ICK! But if you are very concerned about how they look, you might consider a light wrap of some sort, just to artfully drape around your arms. Even a sheer fabric would work to confuse the eye. You could also try some weight lifting to target that area to firm up what you can. Your arms may never be perfect, but any little bit helps, right? Ok...I guess I did have an opinion on the arms thing. I'm way too opinionated these days...Maybe it's all that newly discovered confidence! Pamela -86
bunnymorris
on 2/20/05 12:48 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
How exciting is that!? The dress is wonderful and this is a great time for you. Get what you want and what you feel good in! You should be so proud! Take it easy, Bunny
Sue G.
on 2/20/05 2:11 pm - Aurora, NE
The dress is beautiful and so are you. Don't worry about your arms they are fine!! Whens the wedding ?? I hope u don't lose too much before then or you may have to do some last minute altering ha ha .. Sue
scholarmama
on 2/20/05 7:33 pm - Hemet, CA
The wedding is in 4 weeks... I actually bought off the rack... no alterations needed... except needing to be bustled.... I am hoping to be ok ... but I have been losing on average 20lbs a month... so keep fingers crossed Loni -150.5
us2bfat C.
on 2/20/05 8:24 pm - selden, NY
me personally i think you look absolutely gorgeous and you are going to make a beautiful bride keep up the good work !!!!!! 150 lbs woweeeeeeeeee Stacy 232/145/140
IrishIze
on 2/20/05 11:21 pm - NJ
Loni - the dress is beautiful!! As far as the arms go - I went into look at the pictures to see how your arms looked, and after I had looked at all of the pics, I realized I hadn't even noticed your arms!! Then I went back to look again, and Loni, I really don't think your arms look bad at all! When the veil is on it covers them too. I love the dress and I think it's very flattering to your figure. The way it is draped really accentuates your waistline and I think it fits you beautifully!! Hugs, Nancy -97
scholarmama
on 2/21/05 3:39 am - Hemet, CA
the veil does do a real nice job hiding them.... I find it funny I wasnt really concerned about my looks before... but now with all this excess skin... I am like oh gawd....lol... Thank you for your kind words... It has been such a fun time for me... Loni
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views