I've FINALLY joined the century club!!! 101lbs GONE!!!

Traci72
on 2/19/05 4:14 am - Hastings, MN
This is from my journal. Hope you don't mind my copying and pasting: For the last 2 days, I've been weighing in at 147lbs, which is a loss of 101lbs!!!!!!!!!!! I can't begin to say how thrilled I am, though I know there are so many out there that have felt this way too. 7 more lbs to go and my BMI is "normal", 17more lbs and I've hit my goal. I couldn't be happier...however, if I catch a glimpse of me leaning over....plastic surgery is definately needed! I told my DH that is was not to ask me to "be on top" until I've gone under the knife. Can't imagine there's much worse to kill the mood sometimes than to see how mean and evil gravity can be. Yesterday we drove 2hrs to see my parents (it's been since x-mas and about 15-20lbs ago). They were stunned to see the transfomation in me....weight, clothes, haircut and color. My mom almost cried! They couldn't stop telling me how proud of me they are, and how the outside really reflects my inside. I am more confident and it shows. I don't slouch like I used to, I smile more, I'm more active, I could go on. I'm LOVING the *NEW* me! I can wear a size 10 comfortably in most things, though jeans I'm noticing I do better in 12's. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could ever get back to these sizes. On Monday, I'll be 7mos out. Those 1st 4mos were hard for me both mentally and physically. By month 5 I was better mentally and the physical was coming around. Still couldn't get much food in at all...2-3bites max. Hair loss was the WORSET for me. Month 6 the hair loss started slowing a bit, I was able to eat a couple bites more than before, and my energy level really started to soar! Now at month 7, I can almost eat 1/2 cup of food (depends on the food) I (according to my DH) haven't snored in almost 3mos, I don't get winded the way I did before, ENJOY exercising, and can keep up w/my kids. I still can't run well due to knee injuries, but that's not too big a deal. I like getting dressed up, doing my hair and make-up for no reason, because I look GOOD! I feel so healthy, haven't had lower back problems for a couple of months....life is feeling really good to me now. I feel so blessed. I know this isn't an easy road to take. There are so many factors to even get to this road for so many people, and after the decision is made, there are so many things that can happen...good and bad. My heart goes out to everyone who has experienced any type of complication...minor things all the way to losing a loved one or their own life. We know going into this what the possiblities are. You never think it will happen to you, but you just never know. I'm so fortunate to have had minor complications and know w/all my heart, I made the best choice for me. I also know that I owe sooooo much to all the love and support from so many people....my family and friends IRL, and all of you here. I'm so thankful for such a tremendous community to be a part of! Traci 248/147/130 -101!!!
bunnymorris
on 2/19/05 1:18 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Wow, congratulations! That is really great! Our lives really have changed haven't they? There are so many changes! You have a lot to celebrate! Best Wishes, Bunny
IrishIze
on 2/19/05 9:48 pm - NJ
Wow, Traci - what great success!! It seems we're all getting to know ourselves a bit better - it's really been a learning experience for me. I'm getting to be pretty aware of triggers and compulsive/impulsive behaviors and it's very enlightening. I don't know if it's a skill I'll ever master, but I sure am working on it!! Again, congratulations on reaching the Century Club, and best wishes for continued success!! Hugs, Nancy -97
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views