Weird!!

bunnymorris
on 2/18/05 1:30 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
OK, I hope I can express this through this message but the weirdest thing happened today. I have been holding steady with 95 lbs. gone (sure would like to push into the 100 mark but I'm patient). Anyway I was trying to make a power point at school for a pep rally with the kids. I like to use pictures from around school and put them to music. The kids love to see thmselves and friends on the big screen. So I was previewing some pictures our technologist had taken. I then saw a picture of my asst. principal and thought "Who is she standing with--who is she hugging" I swear to God, it was awhile before I realized it was me in the picture. No kidding--I did not reacognize myself in a picture. It was freaky!! I was sitting there with my hand over my mouth thinking, "I can't believe I didn't know that was me!" You are probably reading this thinking--that's great---how neat! Sorta, I feel like I woke up in someone else's body---It is Freaky Friday in real life. Don;t get me wrong, It is wonderful but it was a shocking moment for me. Plus I had dinner with my brother last night who hadn't seen me since Nov. and he was surprised. I went to my old school on Monday (we were off but they weren't). Not one person knew me--literally--not just being nice--asked me if I was picking up my child--these people worked for me for 8 years!! Well. that's my WLS moment. Exciting but well.....a little like the Twilight Zone! I'm getting used to this new person in the mirror. Have a great weekend you guys. Lovre, Bunny
Bunny54
on 2/18/05 3:34 pm - Anaheim, CA
Hi Bunny, I just had to post to you this time....Its so funny for me to see your name....This was my name the whole time I was growing up... My maiden name was Morris and my dad nicknamed me Bunny when i was a baby..so I was called Bunny by everyone and am still called Bunny by my family.... I have seen you post before and wanted to share with you...that we share not only WLS but our names.... I understand about the not recognizing yourself...I have had the same thing happen to me...I havent updated my pic on my post yet though..so I am still reminded of what i looked like..but have had people I have known for years not recognize me either... Well..Just wanted to share with you...I think you have a GREAT! name... your name pal.. Bunny...but the board knows me as Leah F. Leah is my real name...lol..(but not really)
Lovin2cu
on 2/18/05 8:38 pm - southbridge, MA
Bunny what an INCREDIBLE feeling that must have been!!! Good, good for you!!!!!! Lisa in Mass. Surgery 7/28/04 -74
Tanja Y
on 2/19/05 3:27 am - Wahiawa, HI
Amazing story! I'm so glad you shared it with us. ~Tanja
us2bfat C.
on 2/20/05 8:35 pm - selden, NY
what a great feeling woooooo hooooooo you must be thrilled !!!!! Stacy 232/145/140
jcordell
on 2/21/05 5:40 am - TX
Bunny that is AWESOME! I love reading about stuff like this! You're doing so well, and you just look amazing! Keep up the great work! All the love, Jeff -107
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views