DAILY LOG Thursday

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/05 8:34 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
You don't really have to read the "mood" section if you don't feel like. It's just me, spouting off my anger at someone. It feels good to get it off of my chest, though, even if it does make me sound like a nutcase B~1 oz string cheese, 1 oz turkey L~1/2 cup of taco bake (from the other night) D~3 oz sloppy joe (no bun), 1/4 cup peas, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 tbs applesauce S~1 oz string cheese Calories: 804 Protein: 41 Carbs: 68 Exercise: 30 minutes treadmill (at a higher speed than normal) and my weights workout (minus four machines...one was broken, the others were in use) Mood: Really crummy. I've been pen pals with a girl from the Missouri board for nearly a year now. She and I, with our husbands, were supposed to get together a couple of weeks ago, but she wound up with another stricture (or so she said), but was still planning to join us. My family drove 2 hours and stayed at a hotel and they were going to come see us. I never heard from her, and couldn't get ahold of her...I was worried, afraid something serious had gone wrong. After the trip, there was no email from her all week, and I finally called her to find out what was up. She had to hurry of the phone, said she'd call back. She didn't. Then TODAY, I get an email that tells how her parents found out she was planning to meet me (they know we've been friends for a while) and they started in on her about meeting internet people and that she had lied to me about being sick. She said we could still be friends, but it would have to be a secret because now everyone watches her like a hawk and reads her emails. Did I mention that she's about to turn 30??? ANYWAY...God, I was so mad! She could have been honest, at the very least. I wouldn't have spent money on a weekend trip if I had known she wasn't planning to visit...that WAS the whole reason we went out of town, HER idea. And I'm also upset because she's an adult and can't make her own decisions. What are they all thinking? Honestly, if I was a murderous stalker, I would have hunted her down a long time ago, don't you think? And her parents are SOOO worried about people's evil intents...for crying out loud...I just had an FBI background check for my teaching certificate! Can't get much more thorough than that! Do they think that I would take my husband and my six-year-old on a murder spree? And is she such a child that she has to "sneak out" to email me? I'm more angry than anything because we spent two nights in a hotel waiting for her to show up when she had no intention of letting me know that she wasn't even going to come. SOOO...I've had a really crappy day. God, now I'M acting like a child...SHEESH! Pamela -84
Marcy B.
on 2/17/05 11:03 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Pamela: I'm sorry but I read your mood thing anyway...please forgive me but the whole thing sounds hilarious!!! What a nutcase she sounds like. I hope that you at least had a nice time with a change of scenery with your two accomplices hubby and your 6 year old. No...you don't sound like an ax murderer to me. But deprived of food..whose to know what any of us will do. Needless to say you are better off without having met her. I have this delightful little girl ( 18 I think) from Israel who is my pen-pal. She reminds me of my daughter, and we have struck a very nice relationship- I can only imagine if the same thing would happen to me if I travelled all the way to Israel to see her. It gives me cause to think- anyway- I am sorry you had such a crappy day- its is frustrating when people are so rude and inconsiderate. So.. as for my food intake....its hard for me to think right now for the case of gastritis I have because of what I have had for dinner. Under the What in Hell was I thinking Category of Food Choices Nachos with Chili, and Hamburger Meat...and Cheese Sauce... Off to see the bariatric doctor tomorrow if I can brave the Artic Michigan cold ( 15 degrees again tonight). I may reschedule though. The scale is moving oh so slowly...and I'm right behind you my friend. Marcy -83 PS- If we made arrangements to meet...I wouldn't blow it off!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/05 1:05 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Thanks, Marcy, you made my day A pen pal from Israel...sounds interesting. When I was in high school, I made friends with German and Spanish exchange students, and it was weird how even though we had such different backgrounds, we were still the same. It kind of opens your eyes. Even now, there are times when I think St. Louis is the only city in the world and am astonished to discover itty bitty towns in the middle of nowhere. Guess I should travel more I'm glad to see that your scale is moving. It sure would be nice if my own scale would be kind to me! Keep it up, success is ours for the taking! Pamela -84
Sue G.
on 2/17/05 3:40 pm - Aurora, NE
Hi Pamela.. sorry about the mood thing !! I would be really upset if some one stood me up too !! If you need a new pen pal I'm available. I'm not from Mo. but close Neb. and we do go thru KC on our way to Branson or if my husband takes a notion to go to Cabela's in KC. Anyway your friend sounds like she maybe alot younger than what she's telling you or what's in her profile. And maybe she's trying to hide something like maybe she really isn't losing weight or maybe didn't really have the surgery but is very lonely ???? Maybe she suspects you becuz that is what she is doing ??? Anyway sounds like you did great with your food and excercise!! I didn't check my calories today but I believe I was around 1000 and I slacked off my treadmill today and didn't do anything "shame one me" but will get back on it tomorrow just needed a break. My weight is going down tho veeeeerrrrrrryyyyy slllllloooowwwwlllllyyyyy. I did lose 2 pounds this week but the week before I lost nothing so about a pound a week isn't so bad. Take care!!.. Sue -67
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/05 9:20 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've decided that she must really be a serial killer and decided that she didn't have the heart to kill me after all
IrishIze
on 2/17/05 10:37 pm - NJ
Gosh, Pamela - sorry about your nutty penpal. Imagine what her life is like being so closely montiored by her mommy and daddy at 30 years old?? God, I'd rather eat glass. I don't think I'd bother with her - too many problems if you know what I mean! I had another good day yesterday and it paid off with the loss of another pound, so I'll say upfront that my mood is pretty good! I'm finding that if I eat something small every three or four hours and drink like an elephant in between, I seem to stay full and I'm not looking for snacks. We'll see how long it lasts! B: Carb Countdown yogurt with protein powder S: soy crisps with cream cheese L: 3/4 of Gorton's grilled fillet garlic butter S: 4 tb. ricotta cheese D: 4 oz. turkey sloppy joe - no bun S: Q-smart bar Totals: Calories: 679 Carbs: 24 Protein: 78 Walked 1.3 miles on treadmill and did some weight training (my new thing!) I'm being cautious because my back has really been bothering me for the past week. Got in 64+ oz fluids Hugs, Nancy -97
jcordell
on 2/18/05 12:33 am - TX
Holy cow, Pamela! What a psycho! Kind of funny in a way, but it sucks that you and the whole family went over there for nothing. Hope you had a good time despite the serial chick! As for food, you know I don't keep track of totals, but it looked something like this: B-Atkins Advantage Shake L-McD's double cheese burger w/bun removed D-(1) cheese enchilada w/meat sauce, 1 tbs refried beans S-Q smart bar Water: 64 oz Exercise: 100 crunches, 50 jumping jacks, 25 push ups, 50 leg lifts (as you can tell, I didn't go the gym, so I just did some stuff at home) took about 20 minutes Hang in there, and watch out for serial chick!!! Hee hee. Jeff -106
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views