my doll

JustHat
on 2/15/05 2:29 pm - NM
Today was the second day with the movers. They wore me out. I am off to sleep soon. My body hurts. My feet hurts. My brain hurts. But, I had to share this little gem. It's no secret that my boys play with Barbie. So, we have several around the house in various stages of dress. My youngest is still hopeful that he can get some milk out of her. Anyway, it has been a while since one has been out to play. When he saw her, he took off with her. Then he returned. He held her up and told me...Look Mommy, they made a doll out of you. He is my new favorite child. When I told DH the story to night, he got a funny look on his face and then said that my son was right. While I think my son's observation was pure, I suspect that DH is just trying to get out of the hole for blowing off Valentine's Day yet again. Still, I'll take my complements where I can. Hat
IrishIze
on 2/16/05 4:29 am - NJ
There is nothing as sweet, as honest or as heartfelt as a compliment from a child. I hope you never forget this one!! Hugs, Nancy -95
JustHat
on 2/17/05 1:45 pm - NM
I spent the day wiping little hand prints off the walls and am headed back tonight for hours more of it. I think he timing was just perfect. Those little hand prints were giving me warm fuzzies instead of headaches. But, if this move was going to take much longer, he would need to come up with some new material. Hat
Tara118
on 2/16/05 8:09 am - Trenton, OH
I actually cried when I read this. What a beautiful compliment to recieve after years of struggling with obesity!! I always say there is nothing better than a compliment from a child and from an elderly person. They usually "tell it like it is". LOL. You do look amazing Hat!! Tara 305/192/170 -113
JustHat
on 2/17/05 1:48 pm - NM
Thanks Tara! My boys are so proud of me. If doing it for them was my only reason for having surgery, then that would be enough. Hat
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views